New To Greytalk, Needed To Communicate With Someone

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very sorry Scott :(:grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I am sorry to hear about Cherry. Words aren't much at this time, my thoughts are with you and your family and Cherry. Give her a hug from me.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest jettcricket
It is with great sadness that I inform you that Osteo got another Bridge Angel today at 2:23PM EST. She went peacefully but knew something was up. I hope she was ready. I will be posting in the remembrance section as soon as I am able. Thanks to everyone for their support. She was the best dog ever and I am proud that she was ours. Kiss your hounds tonight and think of Cherry.

Scott

I have tears in my eyes and my heart hurts for you. Godspeed, Cherry :gh_run2

...me too. Words are just so inadequate. Run free sweet girl...go find my Jett. He'll be your buddy.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious girl. Godspeed, Cherry.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest fastdogs

I'm so sorry. Saying good bye to a friend is such a hard thing to do.

I lost my first grey a little over 2 years after we adopted him. I'm hoping my present grey has the longevity Cherry had.

Godspeed Cherry.

I'm so sorry...it's never long enough

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Scott,

I am so sorry about the loss of your beautiful girl.

We had to help our beloved 11 yr old whippet to the Bridge on July 10th and I am in tears empathizing with you and your wife over your loss and your pain.

I still tear up thinking about how I held his head in my hands and whispered words of love in his ear as he passed...

Cherry was obviously so very loved and had a wonderful life with you.

:grouphug:f_pink

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I'm so sorry Scott. Cherry will be with many many greyangels who have gone before her.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Hi all,

I have picked out some nice photos of Cherry and can't seem to figure out how to post them. I have them on my machine and it appears that I am only allowed to post shots that are stored on the web. I am researching how to post and will get the pictures on ASAP. We are doing well but miss Cherry terribly already, and it has been barely 24 hours. Promise, photos coming soon.

Scott

Guest KRKWMU

I'm so sorry to hear about Cherry. I will kiss our hounds tonight in memory of your sweet girl. :cry1

About storing your pictures, a lot of us use Photobucket.com. Once you upload your favorite pics, just copy the link on the bottom of each pic and transfer it here to GT. There are also several other websites to use as well.

My heart is breaking for you. I'm so sorry you lost your sweet little lady.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest 2greygirls

Scott, I am so sorry for your loss. I had to make this terrible decision, twice, this past year for my old ladies..I'm crying now.

Run Free sweet Cherry..say hello to my Leda and Marble for me.

Hi all,

I have been a browser of Greytalk for awhile now but hadn't felt the need to register until today. This forum seems to be very good and I have found much useful information from it in the past. Now to my story and situation. We have a lovely little brindle female greyhound named Cherry. She turned 14 on August 18th. She was going along quite well for an old gal until just days after her birthday, she started to limp! I know from reading this forum that most of you know what that meant. The first x-rays were inconclusive but she had new x-rays on Monday and she has bone cancer in her right shoulder. The worst part is, she was a fully functioning but limping greyhound when we went to the vets but by the time they were done working the shoulder in all directions and dragging her around for x-rays and things, she now can't use the leg at all. The right leg just hangs down limp. She had some weakness in her hind quarters for the past few years so this latest development has put her in really bad shape. I now have to carry her in and out of the house and into and out of the car, she is not happy with this situation. Worst of all, she is in extreme pain unless she happens to find the perfect position laying down. We worked hard on finding one of these positions last night and eventually she was comfortable and we cuddled for a long time before we both went to sleep.

I am not really asking for any advice now, just need to communicate to someone to keep my sanity. I know what has to be done and I know it is time. I have waited 36 hours or more to see if the pain would subside after we quit poking at her Monday and to allow the industrial strength pain patch to kick in but things are not improving. I just called the vet to see if we can allow her to pass at home. The vet is going to call me today. This just sucks! Sorry for being long winded and thanks for listening.

Hurting in MA.

Hi all,

I was successful in getting a Photobucket account and this is my attempt to load up some pictures of the old girl. These were all taken in the past year or so since we were fairly late in joining the digital photography movement. I am working to get some older picture scanned for the memorial post I am planning. She looked pretty good for an old girl of 14!

CIMG1832.jpg

Cherry with our darling Aleaha.

CIMG2080.jpg

What's up in the neighborhood?

CIMG2083.jpg

What do you want?

CIMG2123.jpg

Oh Dad, do you have to crowd me?

CIMG2498.jpg

I am not in the mood!

CIMG2503.jpg

And last but not least, my favorite shot of the old girl, she is a little sad here because she was starting to feel bad but I think this shot is great. Hope you all enjoy this shot too. More later in the rememberance section.

Scott

Great pictures Scott, my heart goes out to you and your family. She looks like a real sweetheart.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Cherry is absolutely beautiful. I can really see the gentle sweetness in her eyes. I'm very sorry for your loss.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.