I'm Devastated And Heartbroken ....

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest candaceanddoug

I am so sorry. You are in our prayers. Our big boy Jefferson just turned 11 and was diagnosed with bone cancer on Wed of this week. He was on the patch and two other potent drugs.

It didn't touch the pain. It was in his front shoulder. We took him to the hospital but it was too late. He passed away on Sat morning. Right now we are in a state of shock. We've had our boy for 8 great years. Our Abby keeps looking for her big brother and is mopping and not her self as are we.

C , D and Abby

I'm so sorry to hear about Jefferson it's just such a devastating disease .

Pain meds are helping her for now but I can see that sometimes she just isn't herself . I can see it in her eyes .I just hope when the time comes I have the strength to get though it I still can't believe it ....

{{{{{{{{{{JeaniesMom}}}}}}}}}}} and {{{{{{{{{{Jefferson's family}}}}}}}}}}

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest vahoundlover
I am so sorry. You are in our prayers. Our big boy Jefferson just turned 11 and was diagnosed with bone cancer on Wed of this week. He was on the patch and two other potent drugs.

It didn't touch the pain. It was in his front shoulder. We took him to the hospital but it was too late. He passed away on Sat morning. Right now we are in a state of shock. We've had our boy for 8 great years. Our Abby keeps looking for her big brother and is mopping and not her self as are we.

C , D and Abby

I am so sorry :(:grouphug

Pain meds are helping her for now but I can see that sometimes she just isn't herself . I can see it in her eyes .I just hope when the time comes I have the strength to get though it I still can't believe it ....

Keeping you guys in my prayers. :grouphug

I am so sorry you are both going through this.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Patti604

Hi Andrea

Please know that I cant stop thinking of you and Jeannie. I lost my heartdog 2 yrs. ago. I still have bad times but I do find myself remembering the good times more and more. The day of diagnosis until the end was like a terrible dream. I found comfort knowing others cared and shared my saddness. I will be praying for you and Jeannie.

You will be amazed at how strong you can become because of the love you have for Jeanie. I know, I've been there. When we promise them that they will not suffer, you will keep your promise.

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

Guest candaceanddoug

Thank you to you all for all your love and support. We are finding it hard without our boy Jefferson, but we have our girl Abby to keep us going. You just have to keep them comfortable, the only thing that helped Jefferson was to walk even though it was on three legs he still need to walk. Its a hard time for all.

C, D and Abby

you will know when it is time she will tell you. Love to your family.

C,D and Abby

Andrea, I am so sorry to hear this. Jeanie has a special place in our hearts because she was one of the greys that we thinking of adopting when we first started looking. We ended up adopting Bailey, I was so happy to hear that you were on GT when you adopted her, so we could see her grow old.

Sadly, we know first hand what you are going through. Carrier battled this cruel monster and I know how hard it is to see them go through it. Sending you prayers, hugs, good thoughts, healing energy... I wish there was something I could say to make it better... I know there isn't... just hug her and love her more than you ever could - I know that won't be hard. We had 5 amazing months with Carrier after he was diagnosed.. and in those 5 months, he lived another full lifetime of love and fun. We made sure of that. When he wasn't feeling well, we made sure that he was comfortable and when he was ready to go for a walk or to play, we were ready for him!. Listen to her... she will guide you and help you. Hugs to you and Jeanie.

Edited by LadyBailey