Deuce

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

I don't know what to do....he was acting funny so he went to the vet last Friday and had some blood work done. Results on Monday said there was an infection somewhere (likely kidneys) so he started Batryil on Monday evening. He had really yucky eyes and they seem better, but I can not sleep (which is why I'm up now at 1am). He is whining every couple of hours and acting like he is having a tough time getting up. He is drinking water and eating just fine. He takes his medicine faithfully.

On top of that, coming on here the last couple days and seeing all the losses has me worried literally sick that he is next. I may take him back to the vet tomorrow.....I just don't know. He has been known to "play" me because I do baby him A LOT, so I feel like I don't know what is a real symptom of something that I should be concerned with.

Guest Vinnie

I hope that it is just from worry and not something serious. I would definitely say call the vet in the morning and describe the symptoms and keep him close to you tonight. As long as he is not excessively panting and whining right now I would not worry too much - but the problem getting up would be something I would definitely be concerned about and calling the vet for - and if it gets worse - going or calling the e-vet tonight. It may be that the medicine is not agreeing with him or that it is not helping him as it was intended. No matter what, hug him tight and give him scritches and kisses from us. I completely understand where your worry is coming from. Hugs to you.

Sending prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

sending lots of prayers for Deucie Baby :):hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest LokisMom

Sending prayers.

I would take him to the vet again if only for your own peace of mind. We've ran up some huge vet bills just trying to comfort ourselves and it is usually worth it. It's often not big deal but we'd rather be safe than sorry. Besides, I know you are a worrier like I am and won't get any rest until you know he is okay. Keep us posted and we will keep him in our thoughts.

Waiting for news today. Hoping he's just milking it. I'm likely to run to the vet for nothing, also. But sometimes there is something there. Maybe he is having a little back pain-out of whack from a three legged romp? Z had some "alignment" problems just because his spine was made for four legs.

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

OK, we are going to the vet at 2:10 today. I can't wait, I wish I could leave now. He is whining way too much to be milking it and moaning. I am nauseous just thinking about going though. Please keep us in your prayers.

Sending my prayers and white light. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Shelby...

Hope they found out what is up with Deuce!!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Praying as hard as we can that Deuce is alright and you all will be home soon and let us know that everything is ok. :hope:candle:hope

:bighug

Kim, (Herman), Pixie (NK Mary Ann), Kitten, Sammie, Darcy and Scout

Callie (Callie Walker), Ava (Lass Dance), July, Peanut, Kodi, Bailey, Kony, PJ, Scampie, Carlo & Casey waiting for us at the bridge

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

Well we are back, but no news really. He couldn't "find" anything so they took a small blood sample and ran it again to compare to last Friday's work. BUN is down a little from last week which is fine but the creat is up a bit higher than last Friday. He also lost a pound and has a low grade fever. Vet took another urine sample and is going to culture. He said (hope i get this right) if it comes back negative we will xray to see if there is a spread of you know what to another organ. He still insists the lungs are fine, just because Os#$% usually shows up next in the lungs doesn't make it immune to showing up else where. He is still on Batryil and his supplements but he is really whiney. Nothing I can really use for pain because if he has a kidney infection, deramaxx is a no-no. He only gets up about three-four times a day to go potty and then pees f o r e v e r when he goes. He is drinking water fine and eating ok too. Still manages to get himself in a roach occasionally. These sleepless nights are killin me......and with the long weekend we won't hear anything until Tuesday. YIKES!!! Please pray for my boy, he just has to make it through to continue to show God's blessings.