Dee Has Gone To Join Oscar

mareyeka

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest caiteag

I haven't been able to come in here and post until now... I still don't even have the right words... but I am so truly sorry... and I know Dee will send you a sign...

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Run free, beautiful Dee

...and I bet they were the best 9 months and 17 days of her entire life.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest brandi007

I"m so, so sorry to hear about Dee. Her time was short with you but she sure made it count.

Many loving thoughts sent your way and run free sweet Dee!

Ok, now I'm ready to write what happened.

As you know, I've been posting that Dee didn't seem right. Her pain was bothering her more and more. the cartrophen did magic things for her, but only for two weeks. Then, we saw that she was really looking miserable. She did have times when she was bright, but she spent more time with a dull look in her eyes than not.

She wasn't eating her food, although she still eat treats - nothing could get her to stop eating her treats. She even managed to get into the trash again on Monday. I tell you, I should patent and mark those M&M meatball boxes as a garbage can security feature. ;)

Yesterday, my youngest son was home all day and he said that she never moved once from her bed, except the one time he coaxed her to go outside. When I got hom, she hardly acknowledged me. She looked up, but didn't even try to move, let alone give me my welcome home happy dance. When I did get her to stand up, I couldn't get over how much hair fell off her if you just touched her. If you pinched a bit of hair, it just slid out of her skin and stayed in your hand.

We were getting her to the vet - she looked very happy when she saw the leash, but made very little effort to get into the collar or to go outside. Usually, she's jumping around so hard, I can't catch her to put the collar on her. She coudln't get in the car at all, we had to lift her. She didn't do her most favourite thing in the world, sticking her head out of the window, until she could figure out how to do it while leaning against the back of the seat.

We got to the vet, she didn't sniff around like she always does, and then she began to collapse. She died in my arms. Her heart just stopped beating.

I have her pearl necklace, the "BRAT" one on my cabinet. For Rox, I have a pretty wall hanging I made when he died. For Oscar, I have that lovely figurine that looks exactly like him, which I bought in North Carolina, now I need something to go with Dee's pearls. I'll have to find something.

It took forever for Oscar to send me a sign - it was only when I found that figurine 6 weeks after he died that I knew he was ok. I don't know what to look for for Dee or even if she will send one. I feel like she wasn't with us long enough.

Dee came to live with us on November 11, 2007 - Remembrance Day. She stayed with us for 9 months and 17 days. Not nearly long enough.

I am so sorry. I'm so glad you were together at the end. Take some comfort in knowing that she absolutely knew she was loved.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I am so sorry :(

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I'm so sorry to hear about Dee. I just got back on GT not too long ago. I remember when you got Oscar. I didn't realize he was gone too. I'm sorry about that alo. But now they are together, running and playing together. I'm glad that you were able to be with her when she passed. Run free Dee and run free Oscar.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17