Please Keep Cash In Your Thoughts And Prayers

Guest charmsmom

Guest charmsmom

Cash was neutered last Wednesday and he has not recovered well. Friday, he was fine. Saturday, he picked at his food, Sunday and today he didn't eat at all. He's down to 70 pounds from a RACING weight of 80 lbs. He has bloody diarrhea, and his vomiting green bile, all in addition to not eating. He's at the vet getting IV fluids and potassium...the vet thinks his electrolytes are off, but he's also going to be testing for Giardia.

So, if you all could PLEASE keep him in your thoughts and prayers...I'm so worried for my new boy. He's not even home yet, and he's already having trouble.... :(

Edited by charmsmom

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest paulamariez

Oh my gosh! What a nightmare! Your poor precious Cash! I will keep him in my prayers for a quick and complete recovery, so he can come home to his beloved family! That's where the hounds always heal up the best, at their homes, in their doggie beds with their families! Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending Cash some healing doggie kisses too!

Guest BigPercyInMa

Oh Bethany, I'm very sorry to hear Cash is not doing well :(

That's a lot of weight he's lost, but I'm sure the vet's doing everything possible to help your boy.

Of course Cash will be in my thoughts :hope

Guest charmsmom

Thanks, Paula. I haven't even brought him home from the kennel, yet. He came in from retirement at Birmingham last week and we had him vetted in prep to come home. Bringing him here would actually be more stressful at this point b/c he doesn't know us yet. But he's GOT to make it.

This morning, we gave him Sub-Q Ringers and he started to have head tics, then his third eyelid came out, and he just went south, so we took him right to the kennel vet...I'm still waiting to hear how he's doing. I'm so worried!!

Wow...there are a lot more responses now. Thanks to everyone. I'll update as I find out...

:wubsite

Guest KRKWMU

I'm so sorry that Cash is having such trouble. :( We'll be thinking about you guys. I imagine you're a nervous wreck, but hang in there. :goodluck

Guest VaGreymom

Lots of prayers, positive thoughts and hugs from us here in VA. Will keep both of you in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated.

Oh no! Poor sweet guy....I hope he's feeling better now.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Sendig prayers for Cash for a full recovery!

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Get better soon Cash :candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Oh, no! I know we all worry when they're neutered or spayed because of the anesthesia, but this is really scary. The poor guy hasn't even gotten to his forever home yet---he's just GOT to get better! They are surprisingly resilient, though. We'll be sending out prayers and white light and good thoughts that he's soon back on his feet so you can spoil him rotten.

Come on, Cash, you can do it!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Oh no poor Cash! :ohno Sending many good thoughts. I hope he begins to feel better soon. Keeping my fingers crossed for a speedy recovery... :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Sending my many prayers. Just to throw this in...our Angel LaceyLaine did the same thing after a surgery that required hospitalization. Her diagnosis: stress related pancreatitis. Please update us as you can. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest charmsmom

Well, the vet just called with an update! Cash's electrolytes (and I quote) were "WAY out of whack". He's been on IV fluids since this afternoon when I left him there, and he hasn't vomited or had diarrhea since we left him! :yay :yay He went out to pee on his own power and is resting comfortably. He said they'll watch him overnight, leave him on IV, and I'll get another update in the morning. *happy dance*

You guys are awesome! It really does help to know that other people are waiting and watching with me. :grouphug

Thanks, guys... :wub: :wub:

I'll post again when I hear another update, but for now, I think he's out of the woods. :)