Update On Asia

Had my consultation with surgeon yesterday and found out they are not really a 24 hour, they have a vet tech but no drs. at night. He read the protocol on greyhound bleeding and thought that it would be better if she was in a 24 hour hospital. Ugh disapointed that I used a 1/2 day but he did not charge me.

I have a consultation with the million dollar hospital Dr on Tuesday he is the vet that did Darius' tieback, and although it is expensive there I know she will be done by the best and someone will be with her all the time. Surgery will be scheduled for the 5th if all goes well. one thing I like is that they will stage the operation by sedating her and taking the 3 radiographs of her chest and if it has not metastasized they will proceed with the surgery. OSU will send the chemo it will be doxorubicin.

I am happy we had a great time at Grapehounds she was the perfect little girl she always is, I hope my Asia pulls through this and heals quickly. I will take the 2 weeks off to be by her side. God I hope I am doing the right thing.

Edited by Madeara
"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

:hope:candle:hope:candle Asia :hope:candle:hope:candle

:bighug Audrey & Bob..Cosmo too! :bighug

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

Sending prayers, strength, and white light for you and your sweet baby girl. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

It sounds like Asia will have the best possible care.

The only way we can gauge what is "the right thing" is by going with what our hearts and our instincts tell us to do. :grouphug Sending prayers and gentle ear scritches to Asia. :hope:grouphug

I'm so glad you and Asia got to enjoy Grapehounds.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

But why if you take the osteo away (amp) and lets say that there is no spreading shown on the x rays, why don't more live longer :( this is what I don't understand

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Audrey, you ARE doing the right thing, because it was a decision made from loving and understanding Asia as no one else can. In fact, I think you've done EVERYTHING right. While it has to be something that you feel in your heart, this was a measured decision (even while going through so many emotions), and there was a lot of questioning, research, looking at the possibilities and the outcomes they would bring. We just have to do what we can and hope for the best. You know that she deserves a chance, and that is what you're giving her. It does sound like she will be in the best of hands.

I'm so glad you got to bring Asia to Grapehounds. What a lovely time you must have had. Sure wish I could have been there---not only for my own selfish reasons (just didn't want to let go of one of my favorite vacations :lol ), but I would have loved to meet you and your sweet girl.

Please continue to let us know how she's doing. We'll sure be thinking about you both, and sending prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Keeping your little girl in my prayers, surrounded by light. You done excellent research, asked a ton of questions and have reached a decision that you feel is best for your baby girl. Don't second guess yourself. The surgery will remove the source of the pain, and hopefully no other little critter cells will survive the chemo. Be gentle with yourself and enjoy every moment with Miss Asia. :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

But why if you take the osteo away (amp) and lets say that there is no spreading shown on the x rays, why don't more live longer :( this is what I don't understand

I don't either! And I pray that through his research, Dr. Couto will one day be able to answer that question. There could be other individual factors particular to that specific dog, or there could be a general weakening of the immune system or what? I often ask myself that question, wondering why Winnie had 3 1/2 years, and ultimately succumbed to kidney failure.

My best friend has cancer. It is breast cancer that after almost 10 years of remission, has metasticized in the liver and bones. She thought she had beat it, and it just wasn't to be. Yet another friend DID beat the same type again, in the same situation. All I know for sure is I HATE IT!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Whatever you do, will be the right thing. You do what you heart says because you love Asia. Good luck with the surgery and G-d bless.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Just wanted to send some hugs your way :grouphug We're all pulling for Asia to have a very swift recovery.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

I'm so glad I got to meet you and Asia at Grapehounds...she is the sweetest little girlie and I could tell you love her so very much...and yes she has the prettiest eyes. Try not to second guess...you sound like you are following your heart out of love for Asia, plus you've researched it.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest jettcricket

I agree....but I think that even thou it may not show up on the initial x-ray, the cancer is there lurking somewhere. Perhaps with the naked eye they just can't see it. I know with my first greyhound, Chance, when he was diagnosed with osteo, his lungs were clear, but the cancer spread to his liver.

Asia is here with me at work, we have a 12:15 appt with the surgeon south of here. SHe is on her pillow behind me and under the desk and just lies there happy to be here with me. Everyone is just so amazed at how behaved and beautiful she is. I tell them that is the beauty of a greyhound :) My HR said I could bring her today, she knows how well behaved my dogs are. I wish I could bring her everyday. Dang I wish I had brought my camera.

Still wish this is a mistake, even in the morning, when the Rimadyl has worn off she seems fine no limping.

It sounds like Asia will have the best possible care.

The only way we can gauge what is "the right thing" is by going with what our hearts and our instincts tell us to do. :grouphug Sending prayers and gentle ear scritches to Asia. :hope:grouphug

I'm so glad you and Asia got to enjoy Grapehounds.

Everything she said.

And some more hugs for the whole family.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Holding you and Asia close in prayer. Prayers for wisdom and strength going out!

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I love Dr Hart, she will have the best at this hospital it is the best with the best of everything so if there is to be a rapid recovery it will be because of this.

Saw Christine while I was there (Greyhound Rescue Rehab) and the BIGGEST Mastiff I have EVER seen!