Madeara Posted July 29, 2008 Share Posted July 29, 2008 (edited) Had my consultation with surgeon yesterday and found out they are not really a 24 hour, they have a vet tech but no drs. at night. He read the protocol on greyhound bleeding and thought that it would be better if she was in a 24 hour hospital. Ugh disapointed that I used a 1/2 day but he did not charge me. I have a consultation with the million dollar hospital Dr on Tuesday he is the vet that did Darius' tieback, and although it is expensive there I know she will be done by the best and someone will be with her all the time. Surgery will be scheduled for the 5th if all goes well. one thing I like is that they will stage the operation by sedating her and taking the 3 radiographs of her chest and if it has not metastasized they will proceed with the surgery. OSU will send the chemo it will be doxorubicin. I am happy we had a great time at Grapehounds she was the perfect little girl she always is, I hope my Asia pulls through this and heals quickly. I will take the 2 weeks off to be by her side. God I hope I am doing the right thing. Edited July 29, 2008 by Madeara Quote "To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.