Test Results Are In For Sheana Post 48

Guest greybookends

Guest greybookends

Sheana had her yearly exam today.

She was due for her shots and she also has to have a blood panel done so she can get the ProHeart shot for heartworms, but I've had some recent concerns. One of them has been a sudden major weight loss. She is 10 pounds lighter than her last visit which was less than a year ago. She has always shed but here lately I'm amazed she hasn't gone totally bald and she's been drinking like a fish. She doesn't act like she's got anything wrong, she's eating just fine, I'm just a little concerned so instead of the normal blood work up for the ProHeart we did a complete senior panel on her to check for EVERYTHING. The vet said as far as the physical exam goes she looks and sounds good. It may be nothing but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

So a few prayers that Sheana is just fine and her momma is a nut case would be great. :P

Edited by greybookends

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prayers for Sheana that she is A OK!!! Had to laugh with you Lori about being a nut case!!! I have been there myself many times wondering if it's just me!! It's hard to not be concerned especially with our seniors! Keep us posted!

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Have her checked for hookworms. And many good thoughts go out to her.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Guest greybookends
Is one of the tests for thyroid? either too active or not active enough

Yup

Have her checked for hookworms. And many good thoughts go out to her.

They did a fecal as well as a urinalysis.

Lori, you are just a nut case :P

Why thank you!!! :lol

Guest redreed

Sending good thoughts to you and Sheana. I hope that everything turns out just fine (and don't sweat it, I'm a crazy mama too)!!!

Positive thoughts from me to you and Sheana! :goodluck

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest vahoundlover

Sending good thoughts Sheana is OK! I'd rather be called a nut case than have something wrong with one of my kids or anybody else's. :lol

Sending my prayers and white light. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending good thoughts and keeping my fingers crossed that all will be good. :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Good thoughts coming your way. I also hope momma is just a nut case! :crazy :crazy

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest greybookends

The vet said the test results should be in by Friday so There won't be any updates till Friday afternoon since I have to work in the morning and I don't work with a computer just a spatula.

So I guess we're praying that you're a nut case. Okay, so be it... :lol and plenty of prayers for your girl

:lol

adding my prayers that you're just nutty :hope :hope :hope

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Drinking a lot + losing hair = Cushing's Disease, among other things. Not so sure about the weight loss though. Might be a couple of things going on. :unsure

Unfortunately, regular blood work won't show Cushing's. (Been there, done that!)

Marcia in SC

Guest greybookends

The vet called. He said 98% of the results looked excellent. Her thyroid is on the low end of normal but not low enough to start meds, we will just keep an eye on it. Then he said possible beginnings of Kidney disease and after that I just heard wawawawa. I calmed down after he said it and he wants me to bring her back in next Wednesday and they will do the test for the kidney again and they can do it in house so I won't have to wait for results. He said until then keep an eye on her and as long as she continues act alright to just wait till Wednesday, if there is a change then I should bring her back in IMMEDIATELY.

I wish I was nuts! :cry1

Keep those prayers coming. It's gonna be a long week. :(

I was hoping you were imagining things :( If it is kidney, think, early stages, early stages! My Richard (cat, not dog, but still) lived for three and half years after his kidney disease diagnosis, and he was *not* early stages.

:candle :candle :candle :candle