Cuffy's Sad Update

Guest jurishound

Guest jurishound

Cuffy saw the neurologist today, and he believes Cuffy has a nerve sheath tumor. There is no treatment other than amputation of the affected limb, which is out of the question for Cuff because the affected limb is a front leg, and he has considerable hind end weakness. I did read somewhere that Artemisinin might help, so I will ask the vet if it is okay to give him that along with the piroxicam he has been prescribed. We will try to keep him as comfortable as we can, and go from there. :cry1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ladyluther

Joslin,

I am sorry to read the news about Cuffy. I know you'll do the best for him. Please give him some gentle smmoches from us.

Martha and Luther

:grouphug

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest houndlover

Oh Joslin...I am so sorry to hear about Cuffy. I know that you will do everything that you can for him. Give him lots of hugs and scritches from us. :grouphug

Michelle, Billy, Daisy and Casey

I am so sorry. Sending prayers and gentle hugs. :grouphug I hope Cuffy will be able to go on the Arte. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so very sorry, Joslin! Do they know if it's a slow growing tumor? I know that no matter what comes your way, Cuffy couldn't be in better hands and feel more loved than with you. Lots of hugs coming your way. :grouphug:dogcookie:grouphug

Chris, with Bixby (aka Clive Bixby, fka Taplin's Bull) and the feline buggle brothers, Oliver and Salem.

Kelsey (Watch the Kick), forever in my heart.

:grouphug I'm so sorry. Our first whippet had a nerve sheath tumor, but it was on his side. It was removed, but grew back again.....something I was told would probably happen. Unfortunately, it was fast growing each time. I hope the Artemisinin will work wonders for Cuffy.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest gretzky

Oh Joslin, I'm so sorry for all of you. I thought after the clear x-rays it might be ok. I know you'll do your best for him. Keep us updated and let us know if there is anything we can do. :cry1:bighug

Guest KelseysLackey

Joslin, I am so sorry to read this about Cuffy. Hugs and good thoughts to you, Cuffy and the rest of your family. :bighug