Good Thoughts And Chanting For Bonnie

Guest K9Cookies

Guest KRKWMU

I feel like I'm going to throw up. Our vet called a little bit ago and said that he's held off giving Bonnie her vincristine injection for the week because on his physical exam a few of her lymph nodes were enlarged. He said the nodes on her shoulders were 2-2 1/2 cm enlarged, which he considered moderate. The submandibillar nodes were "very slightly" enlarged. :( He tried to email Dr. Couto to get his recommendations. An automatic response came back saying he is out of town until the 27th. I called Dr. Couto and it went straight to voicemail, didn't ring or anything. Our vet didn't want to do anything that would possibly interfere with another new protocol, but I don't want to wait if Bonnie's lymph nodes are getting bigger. :cry1 If we haven't heard from Dr. Couto in a little bit, I think we're all in agreement to go ahead and give her the regular chemo injection and go from there.

PLEASE keep Bonnie in your thoughts and prayers. I really hope this is a minor setback and not the lymphoma on it's way back. Our vet didn't mention that this meant she was out of remission, but that is what happens. I'll keep you all updated. I'm actually in Michigan by myself visiting my parents. DH and the hounds are back at home, so I can't even snuggle with Bonnie or anything. :( I feel horrible I'm not there. I had to deliver the news to DH while he was out to lunch with people. I could tell he was a little speechless and trying to keep himself under control. I'll try to think positive until we hear different.

I'll keep you all posted. Good thoughts for our spunky little girl, please!!!! :hope

Oh, Kristin, hugs to you and Bonnie. It's bad enough to be worrying about her when you are right there with her, but to do it long distance is especially hard. I hope you hear something one way or the other, and this is a minor setback.

Bonnie, be safe, be well, lymphnodes be small! Bonnie, be safe, be well, lymphnodes be small!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Prayers on the way!!

Edited by Jiffer

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

OH no,no,no...Bonnie IS going to be okay.She just is!! And don't you think otherwise. I hope you hear from Dr Couto Krisitn. Time for that special candle and it's coming right up. :candle St Francis will watch over her as I'm sure he has been. Prayers for you too my friend, and your DH. Safe travel home

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Oh Kristin! :grouphug Hoping it's just a temporary setback and keeping my fingers and just about everything else VERY firmly crossed for your beautiful girl.

:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

Thinking a gazillion of positive thoughts and sending them your way. Hang in there Bonnie!

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Angel LaceyLaine's protocol was changed 4 times. :blush Sending prayers and chanting this is just a little bump in the road. :grouphug An Angel Watches Over....

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest KRKWMU

Thanks everyone. DH just got done talking with our vet again. Bonnie did get the vincristine injection today. Hopefully, that will reduce the nodes again. Dr. Betts isn't too concerned about this (while I'm shaking in my shoes!). He does want to talk to Dr. Couto right away though and get his recommendations. I'll let you know what we find out.

Bonnie is still at the vet's office. DH can pick her up at 5:30. They wanted to watch her for awhile. Fingers (and toes) are crossed all across the nation! :goodluck Thank you.

Chanting for you, DH and Bonnie :hope

:nod :nod :nod Here, too.

"It's nothing major, just a little set-back!"

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest 7Greys

I'm sure you have talked to Sheila already but you know that Bonnie is just like one of ours and we WILL do anything we can to help!!!

Give her big hugs and kisses from all of us.

Picking up the chanting here, too: *A minor bug, just a little momentary swelling, nothing to worry about! :D Measure again in a week! :D A minor bug, just a little momentary swelling, nothing to worry about! :D Measure again in a week! :D A minor bug, just a little momentary swelling, nothing to worry about! :D Measure again in a week! :D *

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest twilliams

Fingers, toes & paws crossed here. This may simply mean that they need to modify Bonnie's protocol some. I think I read on another post here that Dr. Couto would be returning on the 27th. I know how hard this is, but hang in there and take care of yourself. Hugs to you, Drew, and Bonnie. Keep us posted.