Is Your Grey Hot Blooded?

Guest GiJenn51

Guest GiJenn51

Ruler seems like he's always hot. He doesn't have a temp. Gums are good, and nose and tongue look good. But he pants more than the others in the room.

Got one?

Guest Spencers_Greyt

My foster Clyde pants non-stop. He gets plenty of water but the heat is oppressive here so I can understand his inability to cool down much. Spencer pants some but not so much I notice it. Clyde is also a big boy at 88 pounds so I wonder if his weight makes him hot too.

Arrow is that way. I've also notice that Flippy is that way too.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest ChancesMom

Chance pants a lot as well. After he has done his zoomies around the back yard it seems as if it takes him forever to get back to normal breathing. Sometime he is laying on the floor and just starts panting. When he lays on the couch with me he will lay for a while and then start panting and get down to lay on his bed. I'm glad to hear he's not the only one to do this. I even turned my air on way before I would have just to keep him cooler.

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Brooklyn is.......... However, she has Valley Fever! So who knows if it's her or if it's the VF.

Guest jupiterooos

Angler is like that too. He seemed happiest when the indoor temp was around 68. Since we keep the temp around 75 in the summertime, we're going to have to dump some ice cubes in his bowl, I guess. He's also a big boy at around 85 pounds.

Yes - Sunny's a hot boy. He never needs pyjamas at night whereas sister Sophie nearly always does. He's a big boy, too, so I'm wondering if that's it.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Opie is definitely a Hottie! :colgate This past weekend was hot in Seattle, and he was wearing his "cold collar" at the Meet and Greet he was at. Was panting a lot, and laying in front of the fans. He does not like the heat at all, although he does wear his kimono jammie at night in the winter (house aroun 51 deg.) He too is a big boy, 95 lbs, and black.

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

Payton is hot in the summer and cold in the winter. Perhaps he's an oddball coldblooded grey. He definitely pants a lot in the summer, but not year round.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Jack is my hot stuff :lol

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Wendy runs hot all the time. She will often lie on the tiles instead of her bed(s). Her belly is a great foot warmer. Toasty! The Florida heat and humidity are murder on her. I can't imagine my little pixie girl running any dang races in this furnace! Poor little mite!

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Guest vahoundlover

Boss is our hot man :nod

I don't know that I'd say Curly runs hot...but he does like cooler temps more than the other 4.

:lol

Ruler isn't to big. He's about 77 ish. He has to have his own private fan.

Turn on the AC woman! :lol

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

Guest kbone

Jack is a panter. When we first got him he panted for about 3 days straight from the stress of everything new. After walks he pants for a long time. Sometimes I wake up at night and hear him panting. He pants a lot!

Guest paulamariez

My Ruler, Bueller is the panter of my bunch! I've certainly noticed when we're out walking, his black color absorbs heat much quicker from the sun that the other two. Bueller is always the first one to start panting and the last one to stop. I believe it's just like people, some people are hot all the time and others are freeze babies!

Peanut is always warm Jenn. She lays on the tile floor in the winter! She pants a lot too, but the vet says she is just fine.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Alddin is always too hot to trot. He pants a lot more than the other two.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Oh definitely have a hot one here. The temp reaches the upper fifties/low sixties and he's panting away. I can't wait to have a yard so I can buy him a wading pool this summer! Whenever we get back from our lunchtime outing, which is just 10-15 minutes, he comes back and collapses melodramatically on the couch, panting his heart out. I give him cold water and ice to suck on.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Dude is always hot. I've always thought it had something to do with his out-of-whack thyroid rather than being big or black. Plus he's really got a very thin to non-existent hair coat, so the extra internal heating is needed most of the time. He doesn't necessarily pant overmuch, but his normal temp is definitely higher than "normal." I've taken to sleeping on top of the bed with no covers even in the winter as he's a major snuggle bug, too. Fortunately, he loves the wading pool in summer and chewing ice cubes year round.

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly