Our Sweet Girl Passed Away Suddenly.

Guest KellyL

Guest KellyL

Our 10 1/2 year old little girl was so lively and spunky. She was fine the night before she died, running around and playing. When we woke up the next morning, she seemed fine, but stayed in bed which was not unlike her. I was running around getting the kids ready and noticed she wasn't up yet. It was about 8am, so I went in to get her, and found her already gone. We have no idea what happend, she showed no signs of any health problems or anything. I miss her like crazy already. I hope that our vet will be able to determine what the problem was. Has anyone ever had anything like this happen or heard of anything like this?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BigPercyInMa

I'm very sorry for your sudden loss :(

My Mom's cat passed away like that, but she didn't have the vet investigate what happened to him.

Guest BlackandBrindle

I've not had it happen to me personally, but I wanted to convey how deeply sorry I am for your loss :grouphug

Is it possible that it was a blood clot or aneurysm?

Im so sorry for your loss. At least she went listening to the sounds of her family, and she didnt suffer. we did have a dog die suddenly on us when I was a kid. he was a dalmation pointer cross. They said it was a heart attack. But who "they" is specifically, I dont know...i was just a heartbroken kid. Anyway, some dogs do get them.

I'm SO sorry. My Siberian Husky died similarly. She was ten and just went to sleep one night and didn't wake up. She'd been up and playing the day before, never seemed ill. I know it's heartbreaking. :grouphug

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

I'm very sorry for your sudden loss. :grouphug My deepest condolences to you and your family. Godspeed, little girl... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest KennelMom

I'm so sorry for your loss :grouphug What a terrible shock :cry1

I hope your vet is able to find some answers for you...

OMG. :ohno:cry1 I am so terribly sorry to hear about your girl. I've not had this happen to me, so no idea what could have caused it...

Sending many hugs. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Edited by merlinsmum

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest TBSFlame

I have had to put two greys down with osteo. I pray my Tessie will go just like that when it is her time. She hates the vet and hates riding in a car. I know it must be difficult to find her like that and I am very sorry for your loss. Godspeed sweet girl, Godspeed.

I'm so sorry--I know what a shock it is. My brother's ex-wife woke up one morning with her freakishly large chocolate Lab laying next to her bed in his normal place, as dead as a doornail. He was 5 years old.

I lost one of my Siamese cats this summer--he was playing with a toy one minute, and the next he was staggering around, then he stuck his tongue out and fell over dead. It was HORRIBLE. He was six. I didn't pay for a necropsy--there didn't seem to be much point. It makes a lot of people feel better to know why, so hopefully it will help you.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

I am SO very sorry. It happened to me with one of my girls, actually my very first girl.I was in such a state of shock I had to call someone to get here right away. I couldn't bring myself to pick her up. I was too much of a mess so my friend brought her to the vet right away and he said he was almost sure Katie had a massive seizure that stopped her heart. I didn't even know a seizure could do that. And she was healthy with NO problems up until that day. I'm so sorry, you will be in my thoughts. Try not to do what I did, I let the guilt almost put me over the edge.It wasn't that long ago

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

First I want to say I also am sorry for your loss. It must be hard to loose one so quickly and without warning. I have never had it happen to me so cant help with any ideas. Hopefully your vet can

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

I'm so very sorry. We lost our Icarus last year to a similar manner. He was fine running and playing with his brothers and sister one minute and the next he was gone. It's so hard, I know. :grouphug

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

OMG, what a shock. I am so very sorry for your loss.

I know there is someone on GT who had a similar situation several months ago with their pup.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I am so sorry for your loss. She may have had a heart attack. But needless to say I know that must have been awful. :f_pinkf_yellow:bighug:bighug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter