Sending Our Boy, Dallas, To The Bridge

Guest lotsogreysmom

Guest lotsogreysmom

Please say a prayer for our family as we will be sending our boy, Dallas, to the bridge tomorrow afternoon. Some of you may remember me posting several months ago about him having an issue with his head sinking down in. Well, it has gotten profoundly worse and we had him at the vet 2 weeks ago and the vet agreed with us that our only choice is euthanasia....we were just not ready to make that decision that day so we opted to bring him home and think about it. He had another seizure last week and it really left him different this time...he is very disoriented and although he is walking around...he is very wobbly and just unsure of where to go at times. So, we figured we would do what is best for him and have him go to the bridge. It's very hard because we got him at only 9weeks old and he's only 4 1/2 now. I hate to lose them so young but life isn't always fair. Please say a prayer for us and for our boy tomorrow that he will find peace at last.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He will be in my prayers. I'm sorry that you have to make such a difficult decision.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Lots of prayers, Kim. I'm sorry you didn't have longer together.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest laceyj

I'm so very sorry you're having to face this, especially with such a young dog. It's just heartbreaking. May you find peace and some comfort in giving him this one last gift.

I am so very sorry to read this.You, your family, and Dallas will be in our prayers. And may the angels keep Dallas tucked under their wings.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest BasilMom

So sorry Kim. I feel your pain. Our Holly was a seizure grey and it takes a toll on them. We lost her at a young age as well she was just 5 and we sent her to the bridge with OS. Sometimes it seems that they are dealt a bad hand. God Bless you and Dallas.

I am so sorry. that decison is always so hard, especially at such a young age. Dallas has had the gift of love and will leave with that gift. My thougths are with you all. Prayers for strength, peace and comfort.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking about you and Dallas tomorrow. :grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I am so sorry to read this sad news. No matter how long they stay, they never stay long enough.

G-d bless.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Oh God Kim. I am so very sorry. There are just no words.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Carla

I am so sorry. Please give Dallas a hug from us here. You are giving him the greytest gift you can -- freedom from the seizures and the confusion. You and Dallas are in my thoughts and prayers.

God bless you and Dallas.

:brokenheart:grouphug

The hardest decisions that we have to make are the ones that cause us pain but are made out of love. This is one of those that remind us that the pain of these decisions are so very overshadowed by the love and joy that we receive from our beloved hounds. Kiss him and hold him close and he will know that he is loved as you help him begin his new journey. We hold you close and share your sorrow.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I'm very sorry... so young. :( Sending prayers for a loving evening with you, and a peaceful gentle passage tomorrow. :hope:candle

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest lotsogreysmom

We just got back from taking Dallas for a long car ride and went through McDonald's and got him a hamburger and ice cream cone....he was loving it!!!! He will sleep with us one last night tonight. Can't imagine life without my sweet boy.