Scooter Has Osteo

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry. I have you and Scooter in my prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm so sorry.

There is no way to be ready, really. Just to try hard to focus on his comfort and happiness. And cry a lot on the side.

Sending gentlest hugs for you and your boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I feel your pain. :cry1

I hope when it is time for Scooter to make that journey that your Scooter will be there to greet him. My Scooter HATES to be alone. Oh and he really loves girls so maybe a lot of girls will be there too. I followed your journey with Scooter. It is so heartbreaking.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

As I sit here and have to wipe the tears from my face continually, my heart just breaks for you. That is my greatest fear, I am constantly watching our precious baby girl for any signs that she may follow in her brothers footsteps. And having gone through it before does not make it any easier, I am sure. I wish you many days from which to make wonderful memories with your heart dog, Scooter. Love him, spoil him, and love him some more. Scritches to scooter and hugs to you. I agree, one day early is much better than one day late. Bless you all.

I feel your pain. :cry1

I hope when it is time for Scooter to make that journey that your Scooter will be there to greet him. My Scooter HATES to be alone. Oh and he really loves girls so maybe a lot of girls will be there too. I followed your journey with Scooter. It is so heartbreaking.

Pam, when the times comes I know my Scooter will be there to meet yours. Thank you for your kind words, I would have never made it through losing Scooter had it not been for the love and support I have received in the Greyhound community. Well, to be honest I am still working through it, I suspect I will be doing that for a long while.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Take advantage of everyday you have left. Do everything and anything his heart desires. And when the time comes, be strong for him. My heart breaks for you right now.....I am so very sorry.

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

I feel your heartache, having been down this miserable path far too many times. :cry1 Cherish your time with Scooter, be strong in front of him and cry privately. He only knows today... so make his time love-filled and happy as long as possible. As Diane mentioned, good pain control is critical. He'll tell you when it's time. Many hugs and prayers for you both. :hope:bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Hugs to you. I too know your pain, I helped my beloved Snowman to the bridge a week ago thurs. My heart is still broken but the fact my beloved boy is not in pain anymore is one of the reasons I know I will heal. All I can say is enhoy the time you have and make some wondefull memories.

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

I'm really sorry to hear your news :(:grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest greytpets

Im so sorry to hear this news, though Ive never come across osteo many others on here have I hope they can give you some guidance.

Hopes for better days :grouphug

Guest WarmheartedPups

I am so sorry to hear about Scooter. It is the worst pain...fog.....dont understand feeling in the world.

My heart goes out to you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Just a quick update on Scooter. His limping is more pronounced today and he is not bearing wait at all on his left front leg except to put it down for balance. He won't stand long at all. He got excited when he saw his leash but couldn't walk more than a few yards. This is amazing that all of this has happened in 4 days. No clues before this! I am giving him his pain meds round the clock and he isn't panting or anything, but intellectually I know if he is limping like this and not bearing wait it must hurt like hell. Today he got a special treat by going to see my speech kiddos with me. I am a Speech Pathologist and he loves to go with me!We then had a special lunch of chicken breast and for dessert fig newtons, His favorites! :colgate We are now resting together on his big bed. He is such a loyal wonderful friend. I don't think Scooter will me here much longer. I have been down this road before with osteo. Every time it has gone incredibly fast. I still remember the look he had 2 years ago when We got him from the GPA. It was like I finally have a forever home. he has smiled every day for the last 2 years. His presense lights the room up. I know he would want me to remind everyone about the love of a senior. Although you may not have the gift of time that we all want the rewards are unbelievable. Scooter is the bomb as my 14 year old son put it!

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest Machbragal

Oh, man. I am so sorry! When I read the part about him getting excited about his walk, but not able to go far, that just broke my heart.

You know, I am SO glad Scooter was able to know what it's like to be truly, truly loved. Every dog should have that experience. What a wonderful gift you have given him. I go over and over it in my mind -- do I want to outlive my pets or do I want them to outlive me? What a dilemma. However, I've come to the conclusion that even though it's SO painful every time, I hope that I do outlive them so that I can make absolutely certain that they are loved and cherished up to their last moments here.

I am so sorry your baby is going through this. It's just not fair.

I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown