Flecka Update - Sunday Night ... 2/17

Guest MomofCash

Guest MomofCash

Thanks everyone - I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers. I will see what today brings, then tomorrow ... that's about all I can wrap my head around at this point.

Ya'll are the best ...

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

:( I'm so sorry :(

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Guest ishapespace

We are so sorry Gail. I know that You and Flecka and Judi and her young boy Jake are in everyone's thoughts right now. Two youngins so sick. My heart goes out to you. Try to keep your chin up for the girls and your family. We are all here for you.

Brittaney

Sending prayers for Flecka and for you at this trying time. She's a beautiful girl.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest Machbragal

I am SO sorry to hear this. This is the hardest part of totally loving a pet -- when they are sick. I am keeping your sweet girl in my prayers. Remember how lucky she is in that she is LOVED totally and completely. She is happy and loved. Remember that dogs do not think in terms of time -- they live in the moment for the moment.

I don't have any words of comfort. I'm just about the WORST at this kind of thing. Try and hang in there.

Guest MomofCash

Checking in this evening ...

Norm was home first and said Flecka's swelling seemed less. But when I got home, she met me by the door and I couldn't see the same thing. She's a quick learner - last night and this morning I wrapped her pill in cheese. Tonight she wouldn't even smell the cheese. So I wrapped them in ham ... :)

She ate a bit of kibble, mixed with some cooked rice, chunks of chicken and then I gave her a little bit of cottage cheese. She almost ate it all ... this morning she ate just a little bit. Her diarrhea is still really bad. I need to remember to ask the vet about that tomorrow when we get her lab results.

I'm living in today ... at least I'm trying to live in today. Today is 5 years that my Mom passed with liver cancer ... really ironic. Why does this happen now? And Trinity's 8th birthday is next week ... *sigh*

I want to make her happy, make her comfortable ... you can tell it's real tough for her to get comfortable when she's ready to lie down. Cash knows something is wrong ... she keeps smelling her little sister. Is this normal?

Again - thanks so much ya'll for all the thoughts, prayers, notes ... I can't tell you how much it means to me.

We are living for today ... tomorrow we'll live for tomorrow ...

Guest vahoundlover

:grouphug:grouphug:( Continued prayers coming your way.

Yes, it's normal for Cash to keep sniffing Flecka...

Edited by vahoundlover

Sending along some more hugs, and some gentle scritchies for your sweet girls.

What vahoundlover said re sniffing.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.