Sadie's Gone, But Will Always Be In My Heart.

Guest goddessgina

Guest goddessgina

Sadie seemed to take a downturn after her 13th birthday in November. She had her good days and not so good days, but was always a "fighter". If I had talked to you on Saturday, I would have said she was on the road to being back to her old self. Saturday night was tough, she couldn't seem to get comfortable and we were up a lot.

Sunday night was really tough, she was unable to lay down for any length of time and paced the house all night moaning. I had by this time made the decision to do right by her and say our goodbyes so she could run free.

By 3 am she was unable to stand all the way up and was drooling. I could not see having her suffer for another 5 hours until our regular vet opened, so we took her to the ER. She was semi-alert on the way over, but her condition was degenerating fast. The vet examined her in the back room and then discussed our options with us. She said that Sadie's feet were swollen and she had fluid in her chest which could be caused by any number of things. By this time I was sure that we were making the right decision to end her suffering, and the vet agreed. When Sadie was brought back into the room, she was clearly even more disoriented and in physical distress than she had been 20 minutes prior. We sat with her as she was put into a peaceful sleep and I put my hand on my girls chest as I felt her last two heartbeats.

After I felt her physical body finally be at rest, I felt a sensation of her spirit fill the room in gratitiude. Call me crazy, but I know her spirit was with us then just like I do now. We are thankful for the joy Sadie brought into our lives, she will be greytly missed.

sadieinthecar.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gina, I am so sorry. I'm sure Sadie knew how much she was loved. :grouphug:f_pink

Godspeed Sadie :gh_run

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I'm so sorry for your loss. She is at peace and out of pain now.

:f_pink:f_pinkf_yellowf_yellow

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Gina, once again, I am so sorry. I will miss your beautiful girl. :grouphug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I'm so sad for you as I know what you have been going through. I lost two of my heart dogs in four months. But as they left this world, it felt as though they were passing into my heart. It's so sad to lose our friends, but you did the right thing and I know that Sadie is thanking you right now and watching you from the bridge where she will see you one day.

I'm so sorry. Farewell Sadie.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I'm sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Greyhoundbaby

I am so sorry for your loss but as you know it was the greatest gift you could give Sadie.

May you find comfort in the love of friends and family and find peace in the many warm memories you will always have of Sadie.

Run free sweet hound :gh_run

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's a tough decision to make but you made the decision that showed your love for Sadie. Her spirit will be with you forever. :f_red:f_red

PRINCESS
ANGELS: SUSIE (BANDIT SUE) 3/26/1991-5/13/2006, TIPPER (MPS KRISTINA) 7/23/1999-2/4/2008, LADYBUG (BB'S LADYBUG) 5/19/2005-7/9/2008,
HAPPY 12/2000-10/9/2013, RICHY (DON L RICHY RICH) 11/5/2002-5/17/2015, DARREN 9/24/2005-3/2/2017, TUCKER (AWESOME ABILITY) 12/29/2004-12/4/2017,
BUG (BB'S DANCING BUG) 5/19/2005-11/17/2018, Dee (KIOWA DIANDRA) 10/9/2007-6/20/2022, Buddy (PJ PLUTARCH) 11/21/2013-9/8/2023)