Shadow Has A Lump...

Sorry you're having a rough time of it. Good thoughts coming your way...

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tampagreymom

My heart goes out to you and your sweet Shadow. My Jade was diagnosed almost a year ago with Hemangiopericytoma from a lump removed from her shoulder. Her incision took a while to heal as she her stitches popped too and she had to have staples. I was very stressed and felt terrible for putting her through the surgery. Fortunately the cancer has not recurred. I send healing thoughts for Shadow.

Okay, so not the worst news, though. At least you know it's a slow-growing cancer, and might not even met. That's fabulous news. This will pass, he'll heal, and you'll have many more years with your boy!! Take heart!

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Sorry to hear the news I hope this is all it is. http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.p...;C=0&A=1518

Your in our thoughts.

Woolfy

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kunder

St. Charles Mo.

Litter#: Tuf 72180 Crossed over the Bridge 7-5-05, D.O.G. 55539 Cross over the bridge, Peek-A-Boo 60707 Cross over the bridge, Romeo 97537, Julie 26989

Take a deep breath and concentrate on getting him healed up. Foxy had hemangiopericytoma with no clear margins. I was devastated at the news, but at 3 plus years post surgery she has had no re growth and not mets. Contact Dr Couto., he offered us a treatment if it did return. Of all the cancers this one causes me the least concern. If you need anything, let me know please.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Sending lots of hugs and prayers. Sometimes these things look really ooky before they start looking better. Will be chanting "no mets, no mets, no mets" for you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending lots of good wishes for Shadow :candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Good morning all,

Today is dawning much brighter than yesterday was :) I feel a bit silly for my meltdown yesterday, but I was tired, scared and overwhelmed. I'm over it now and moving on!

I picked up Shadow yesterday and he was doing fine. He seemed a lot more comfortable, although they hadn't given him any pain meds while he was there. They sent me home with some Tramadol.

His wound is ugly and is bleeding/seeping like crazy, but the vet said it's normal and, as long as we can handle it, leaving it open at this point is our best bet. He's still wearing his sweats (which the vet loved, by the way) and that's helping to control the blood.

He slept through the night last night with only one minor bout of whimpering. He's still eating great and wags his tail every time he sees the leash come out.

So that's that. He should be pretty much healed in 2-3 weeks. Then we'll take it day by day. Hopefully it's a long time before it comes back, if at all. Yesterday I felt like a terrible mom, but I did the best I could with the information I had and we'll just move forward from here. Lucky for me, dogs are really good at forgiveness :blush

Thanks again for all of your kind words. I can't tell you how much they've helped me this past week.

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

You are doing a great job taking care of Shadow! I'm glad to hear that he is doing better. Sending more healing prayers for Shadow and hugs for you. :grouphug

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Guest armanntoo

Aunti Jenn, your doin' a great job lookin' after my brother Shadow. I'm sure that he appreciates it just as much as I do.

Give him a big hug for me.

Wub Mary

Sending more prayers and the most gentle hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest houndlover

Jen...I was thinking about you guys and I was going to pm you but ended up checking here first. I had no idea that you were going through all of this. I am so sorry but I am glad that you and Shadow are both doing better today. You are a great mom so don't ever doubht that for a second. It can be pretty overwhelming to deal with things like this if you have never done it before but I know that you guys will come out of it fine.

How is Shadow feeling today?

Jen...I was thinking about you guys and I was going to pm you but ended up checking here first. I had no idea that you were going through all of this. I am so sorry but I am glad that you and Shadow are both doing better today. You are a great mom so don't ever doubht that for a second. It can be pretty overwhelming to deal with things like this if you have never done it before but I know that you guys will come out of it fine.

How is Shadow feeling today?

Thanks for checking in. Shadow is doing much better. His wound looks gross, but is healing up fine. He's feeling better, which means that he's hating being confined to one room more and more. He also wants to go on full walkies. I don't know how much longer before we will have a full rebellion on our hands!

It's going to take a couple of weeks at least to heal, but that's ok. I'm feeling much better about it.

If you know how to get in touch with Kathy who does the 3rd Saturday meet & greets would you PM me with the info? Unfortunately we're going to have to miss this month (we missed January and February, too) so I want to let Kathy know what's happening. She and Ernie get concerned :blush

Hope you and your guys (and fosters!) are all doing well.

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

Sending more prayers for Shadow. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Shadow is still on my prayer list. I hope he is continuing to improve.

He is getting better every day, thanks for asking :) He goes in tomorrow to get what's left of his sutures out (they're really not holding anything together). He's off the pain meds and just wants to go, go, go! We've given him free reign of the main floor and he's much happier.

His wound is slowly but surely healing. Another couple weeks and it should be pretty much scabbed over. In the meantime, we're still keeping it covered with sweatpants. He's gonna feel naked once those come off!