Shadow Has A Lump...

Guest LolasMom
Ok...this is what is going to happen...they are going to remove it...with clean margins...and whatever the heck it is it will be ok...because it is NOT going to come back! I have spoken! :):grouphug

What she spoke!

Amen!!

:nod:hope:hope:hope

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had the same thing with one of ours she will be 12 this year . Behind the right rear knee. And it came back as Melanoma skin cancer. The lump was black in color. Big debate between oncologists and pathologist if it's cancer or not. Dr. Couto said as a GENERAL rule there not cancerous. Our holistic vet said the same thing and he would of left it in place and not of removed it. What color was her lump. Wish you all the best.

Woolfy

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kunder

St. Charles Mo.

Litter#: Tuf 72180 Crossed over the Bridge 7-5-05, D.O.G. 55539 Cross over the bridge, Peek-A-Boo 60707 Cross over the bridge, Romeo 97537, Julie 26989

Patricia has spoken . . . . and I agree . . . . I will now go back to doing my "clean margins dance" as I wait for the washer to finish up.

Edited by Patsy

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Guest Sassifrass

I may have missed it, but did the vet xray the leg to check if there is any bone involvement? If it hasn't been done, please insist that an xray is taken.

I hate to even mention this, but I lost a grey to osteo which first showed up with a tumor on the front "shin".

Hopefully it's nothing, but please be safe.

Thanks everyone for thinking of us. Shadow had his surgery today and they are confident that they got all of the tumor out.

The bad news is that he is in quite a bit of pain. Enough so that they would like to keep him overnight. The vet said he screamed when they tried to get him up to go out and potty :(

The incision on his knee had to be fairly large and the vet thinks it's going to take a while to heal. My poor boy is going to be uncomfortable for a while.

It's going to be hard not to have Shadow home with us tonight. But, I know he's in good hands and they will be able to deal well with his pain. I'm taking Friday off to spend at home with him and make up for his time at the vet.

ETA: The tumor will be sent out tonight and we will hopefully know exactly what kind of tumor we're dealing with sometime the beginning of next week. Hoping it's a one-shot deal.

Edited by Meandmy

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

I am glad it is over...praying for clean margins. I think you will see a big change for the better by Monday. Kiss Shadow for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest houndlover

Prayers that Shadow will be feeling better soon. Give him lots of hugs and kisses from me and tell Tori to be extra special nice to her brother while he isn't feeling good! :grouphug

Just checking on Shadow. :grouphug:hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Sending healing thoughts for Shadow. I really hope his pain becomes more manageable soon. Poor baby. Glad the surgery went well though.

Please let us know how he's doing when you see him again. Are you picking him up this afternoon?

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I was told they would call me today with an update, but I couldn't wait anymore so I called them. Luckily, they're very patient with me :blush

They said that Shadow's doing much better today! :yay He's been laying around, watching what's happening around him and is much more comfortable. So, I get to pick him up tonight. Whew! Now if I can just figure out how to get him out of the car (he screams when we try to lift him :rolleyes: )

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)