Susie Is Running With The Angels

Guest greytfulhounds

Guest greytfulhounds

It was a little over a month ago that we were anxiously awaiting the arrival of our beautiful Susie. At 11 1/2 years old she was finishing her career as a brood mama and ready for the life of retirement. Through the help of some wonderful friends Susie made her way into our home & our hearts.

About a week ago Susie started to limp on her front left leg. Susie only had 3 legs so this made getting around difficult but Susie never complained and handled it with great dignity. I had thought that maybe she pulled a muscle getting around in the ice and snow we had so I gave her some pain meds and tried to help her with an assistance harness.

Susie woke me this morning whining and panting.........she was having a lot of difficulty getting comfortable. I called the vet and took her over this afternoon. An x-ray confirmed my greatest fear.........Susie had cancer eating away at her shoulder and a piece of bone had already broken off. The vet said that she could give her some aggressive pain meds and I could bring her home for another day or two but that she would not put it off too long in case the bone were to break. It was not fair to Susie to take that chance. So, I held her in my arms, kissed her beautiful face, told her she was loved and helped her to the Bridge.

Susie was only here for a few short weeks but we loved her very much and I hope that we made the days she had with us happy & full of love. My heart is just broken and I wish we could have had more time together but my life is richer for the short time she shared hers with us and for that I will forever be grateful.

Run free & whole my beautiful girl, you will live in my heart until we can be together again one day.

:f_pink:gh_lay:f_pink

susielimo6.jpg

susielimo1.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I'm so sorry Sherry... She knows that she was loved. :grouphug

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

How lucky she was to have had you when she needed love the most. I am so sorry the time together was short but know she will forever be in your heart. Run free sweet Susie and know you left your mark.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest greyaspet

I know this post will get this thread locked but I just can't let it go. They were breeding a 11 year old 3 legged dog? This dog should have found a couch long before this and trust me I am very happy that she died with someone who loved her if even for a short time.

Sheila

It certainly doesn't take them long to settle comfortably into our hearts. Thank you for taking her in and giving her a couch, even if it was only for this short time. She was loved.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I'm so sorry. I'm so glad she had you to love her. Run joyfully at the bridge sweetheart.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Oh my....that sweet sweet dog. Her photos are wonderful. No matter how long you had her, she knew that you loved her and her ending was what she would have desired if she could have talked. Thank you for caring so much for her and giving her the love she deserved. It's never about how long they are with us, but what they get from us. They don't count time like humans. The live in the moment. And her last moments were the best. And she knew it I'm sure. God speed wonderful girl.

How incredibly sad. :cry1

I wish she could have enjoyed a longer retirement with you.

Godspeed Susie.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest vahoundlover

:weep:weep:weep Sherry, I just can't believe Susie is gone. I love her like she was one of my own. I am so very sorry. :grouphug You gave her love and a home, I will always be grateful for your generous heart. Susie's beautiful eyes and soft sweet face grabbed quite a few hearts. I know she knows how much she is loved and she will watch over you from a very bright twinkling star with Joanie by her side, eating biskies. May your memories bring you smiles and a gentle tug on your heart.

I'm so sorry she couldn't stay longer to enjoy her retirement...... :grouphug

Some of my favorite pictures...

Me telling her about the wonderful life that was awaiting her.

SusiesLimoRide059.jpg

You meeting her for the first time.

SusiesLimoRide054.jpg

Kissing Sara goodbye and thanking her for saving her and seeing to it that she had a forever family.

SusiesLimoRide014.jpg

Allan and Susie sharing a moment before you arrived.

SusiesLimoRide035.jpg

Their is no way to take away the pain of losing one we love so much. I hope one day you will be able rejoice in the love you shared with her. :kiss2

Run Free Precious Susie, you will be missed so much and the lessons you have shared with us will remain forever in our hearts. :f_pink

I'm sorry you didn't have longer with her, but I know you made every day a special one for her. Run free, beautiful girl. :gh_run

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown