Sourdough Flapjack

Guest simile

Jack died late yesterday afternoon, the vet thinks, of cardiomyopthy. He was playing and racing around the back yard with Chloe and we think he blacked out, or fainted, and hit one of the deck supports. I heard (and felt) him hit and ran outside to find him about fifteen feet away from the deck, standing there dirty and stunned. I got him inside, but after a couple minutes he started to gag, so I rushed him to our vet a half mile away. Despite all their efforts, they couldn't keep his heart from stopping.

These are a few pictures from the time we brought him home until just a couple weeks ago at the dog park. We love you, sweet baby boy, and miss you so terribly much.

JustJack2_edited-1.jpg

PuppyJack2.jpg

HelpingWithShoes.jpg

JackDayofDead2.jpg

JackChloeFirstSnow5.jpg

DSC00455-1.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry...

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

I am so sorry. Such a handsome boy. The heavens will be a little brighter tonight.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

OMG, I'm so sorry. Jack was exquisite. Run free forever! :gh_run

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I'm shocked and stunned and shredded and flattened. The pain and hurt just roll in waves. I don't know what to do with myself. It's ironic - one of the reasons I picked greyhounds was because of their longevity and good health. I was so destroyed when I lost my huskies I knew I didn't want to face that again anytime soon. And yet here I am. At least this time there's a community of folks who understands the depth and breadth of the love and devotion we feel for our pets, our family members with fur. Thank you.

OMG. I'm so, so sorry for your sudden loss. Wow. I can only imagine what you're going through. Take good care of yourself. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest bowiebears

My sympathies on your horrible loss.

To say I am sorry just doesn't come anywhere near what I'm feeling at the death of this lovely young pup!

The love you gave him and that he gave you will love forever.

One day we will indeed all be reunited at The Bridge.

--Isaac

I am so very very sad and sorry. What a wonderful boy. Rest in peace, sweetheart, you are loved so much

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

Oh no! What a horrid shock. He was far too young.

I'm so so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)