Help! Peatie Is Giving Up.

Guest orchidman

You have to be strong. Don't give up on him, if you give up he will too. If you are strong he will be strong too.

We are all here for you Trish! :grouphug:grouphug

gallery_24215_3397_4722.jpg

Carolina (R and A Carolina) & Rebel (FA Ready).
At the bridge: Kira (Driven by Energy) 7/19/97 - 6/17/04 & Jake (Jumpstart Dude) 9/12/00 - 1/24/15

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest spider9174

I think my involvement in ferrets came at just the right time. I fully believe it was meant to be. It's VERY hard not to laugh, or at least let a little smile out, when there are four young girls just playing and jumping and romping like silly ferrets do. If you've never spent time around them, I know it's hard to imagine, but if you've had fuzzies in your life, you'll understand this.

Yes...I know exactly what you mean...I have a one grey, a foster grey, and three little fuzzies. Those little fuzzies always make you laugh.

So, laugh away...

many hugs and prayers of peace and strength

natasha

I suspect this is Peatie saying, "momma, I feel like crud!" I would also guess that if he hadn't shown the swollen lymph nodes, up until tonight you probably wouldn't have even known anything was even wrong with him. Don't know what I'm trying to say with that, I guess just that it's probably just now catching up with him physically and he's realized he needs to rest. We'll be thinking of you here :grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Ahh Trish, I am so sorry. I wish all our animals had a way to just let us know that it is "time". Know that deep in your heart, you will do the right thing. Love is an amazing thing. Have strength..love fully for the time you have let, and let your strength be your salvation.

:grouphug:f_red

Edited by GreyAcresMom

Sheila and CO
www.greyacres.com

Trish,

Get Peatie started on the Pred. tomorrow. We have used that so many times with the sick and old dogs and it's like giving them a jump start.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Guest VelvetEars

As others have said - he probably feels crappy. And sometimes a day or two of laying low can help the body regain some strength and gear up for the fight. Flippy is so good to let him lean on her!

Guest TriciasZoo

I will call the vet in the AM and BEG for him to let me start the pred. ASAP. I hope he will before the labs come back. I'm afraid he won't do anything with the meds until then. :(

Thanks again everyone. I believe you're right, it's him just finally needing to rest. But I have a feeling I'll be checking on him a lot in the night.

Trish, I"m sorry your sweet boy is feeling "off" today. :( I imagine that once the meds get started, he'll perk up and be livelier. Nurse Flippy is so good to him. :heart Sending lots of prayers, light and strength to you and your baby boy. :hope:candle

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest TriciasZoo

Adrian just told me (he took Peatie yesterday, because I was feeling so sick) that his lab work would be ready tomorrow anyway. So hopefully we'll be able to get him started on all his meds (Leukeran, Methotrexate and Pred.).

Hugs to all, and that's for the reassurance. I'd be totally lost without all of you.

Hugs,

Trish and the Crazy Zoo

Guest TriciasZoo

Oh...sigh...he just got up to move around, and started panting and little cries. :weep He is still eating treats from me. And we've started watering his food down so it's easier for him to swallow.

Guest SoulsMom
I agree with everything that has been said. Now you have to be Peatie's rock and be strong for him and we are all here to be yours and give you strength. :grouphug

:nod:grouphug We're here for you.

Guest VelvetEars

maybe....just maybe....he's discovered that he gets extra luvin' and care when he whines a little. if he's anything like my husband, he milks feeling crappy for all he's worth. maybe Peatie's a typicaly guy, too??? ;)

Thoughts and prayers. I just saw this.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

Guest bonscoby

Oh, Trish. I am so sad that this is happening to Peatie. I feel like I can't breathe just thinking about it, so I can't even imagine how awful you feel. It's just heartbreaking.

Stay strong for sweet sweet Peatie. We love him so much!

love, Bonnie

Guest bowiebears

I am so sorry that Peatie isn't feeling well, and that you're so anxious about him.

Prayer and good thoughts for here for his healing and your peace!

--Isaac