Brody Could Use Some Positive Thoughts

Guest BoomerMom

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG I only just read this whole thread - all 14 pages of it, how the hell did I miss it?! I was so shocked to see Brody's initial pictures, it's nothing short of heart-breaking, and I kept anxiously reading post after post looking for updates... he is doing so much better - thanks for posting all the updates and pictures! Can't get the lovely picture of his gorgeous smile as he lays on the grass in the sun out of my head.... good luck Brody... beautiful boy :kiss2 :kiss2 :inlove

Kudos to you Kelly, you're such a good person. Brody's so lucky to have you taking care of him.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I took Carter, one of the Ft. Worth strays, in earlier this week to start his heartworm treatment. He will stay at the vet for a couple days and then move to another foster home. GALT has gotten in two more hounds with broken legs. One in really bad - broken in three places - and will need a place to be until another foster spot opens up. He will be having surgery today and I will probably be picking him up tomorrow.

The best news of all is that since it's been decided that Brody isn't contagious, Boomerang and Seth can come home!! :confetti

I just found all this new about Brody, Kelly, though I've been getting updates from Susie. I didn't realize you'd had to farm out your own kids to care for him- you are a true Guardian Angel I'm so happy to hear they can come home.

Susie tells me she got yet another call for yet another broken leg today. You guys certainly have your hands full. We're nearing $2000 in our current turquoise raffle for GALT which ends Monday evening. Now, I'm chagrinned- bet that will barely put a dent in Brody's very specialized care let alone help with any of those broken legs. :(

You GALT folks have the biggest Texan hearts ever- you get all our admiration- and as much $$ as we can raise, too!

Edited by NCGreyhounds

Cara and the Northcoast Greyhounds

item_839.jpg

Sending healing prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Gentle ear scritches for Brody. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest luvRgreys

Just came across this thread! Page one had me in tears, and page 14,15 gave me a wonderful feeling of hope for this sweet pup. Kelly and GALTwhat wonderful work you are doing!!

Keep up the good work.

Glad that Cara is on board with this, if anyone can help raise funds for you she will!!:-) That is if Fabian will get off of her lap and let her work :lol:lol:lol

Will visit GALT website to make a donation, wish I could do more!

How is Brody doing? Any news on this precious boy?

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Guest greytelectric
Face.jpg

Back.jpg

rearlegs.jpg

I was finally able to pick Brody up from the animal shelter yesterday afternoon. Although I had seen him on Saturday, and spent six hours trying to find someone with the authority to release him to me so I could take him to the e-vet, we were unable to get the five day waiting period waived. I was told that because he wasn't bleeding and had no broken bones that he didn't need immediate medical attention.

Brody has one heck of a nasty skin condition, his feet are swollen, he's incredibly skinny and has sores all over his body. I took him straight from the shelter to Preston Park Animal Hospital and after an examination, Susie and I gave him a bath. Even after letting the medicated shampoo soak his coat for twenty minutes, we were unable to get all of the scabs out of his fur. It is virtually impossible to find a spot to pet him that isn't rough with sores or scabs.

RearEnd.jpg

Neck3.jpg

Chest2.jpg

FullBody.jpg

We started the him on antibiotics and are treating him for a fungal infection. Dr. Soileau is running numerous tests on him, and we should know more about his condition tomorrow or Monday. He has moved in next to Carter in my dining room. The plan for the weekend is to get as much food as he wants into him and to keep him warm.

Susie is concerned that he may not make it. Please say a prayer, light a candle or just send warm happy thoughts to little poor soul.

Hoping for a Christmas miracle. How did a greyhound wind up at an animal shelter anyway?? Much love to him.

Guest greytelectric
Face.jpg

Back.jpg

rearlegs.jpg

I was finally able to pick Brody up from the animal shelter yesterday afternoon. Although I had seen him on Saturday, and spent six hours trying to find someone with the authority to release him to me so I could take him to the e-vet, we were unable to get the five day waiting period waived. I was told that because he wasn't bleeding and had no broken bones that he didn't need immediate medical attention.

Brody has one heck of a nasty skin condition, his feet are swollen, he's incredibly skinny and has sores all over his body. I took him straight from the shelter to Preston Park Animal Hospital and after an examination, Susie and I gave him a bath. Even after letting the medicated shampoo soak his coat for twenty minutes, we were unable to get all of the scabs out of his fur. It is virtually impossible to find a spot to pet him that isn't rough with sores or scabs.

RearEnd.jpg

Neck3.jpg

Chest2.jpg

FullBody.jpg

We started the him on antibiotics and are treating him for a fungal infection. Dr. Soileau is running numerous tests on him, and we should know more about his condition tomorrow or Monday. He has moved in next to Carter in my dining room. The plan for the weekend is to get as much food as he wants into him and to keep him warm.

Susie is concerned that he may not make it. Please say a prayer, light a candle or just send warm happy thoughts to little poor soul.

Need an update. How is Brody doing?

Guest luvRgreys

Just one of Brody's fans checking in, he is in such good hands, what a blessing to him and to us!! Wish I was closer, would love to bring him home :):):) Give hime hugs!

Guest LadyChester

Many thanks to Kelly ... I was in TX visiting my sister and was fortunate enought to visit with Kelly, her boys and Brody. What a sweet, gentle boy Brody is! Kelly is doing an amazing job with him. Boomerang and Seth are so good with him, too.

He is still extremely thin but looking SO much better than those initial pictures that just tore my heart out. He has no meat on his bones and even very little muscle mass from being so malnourished. His skin is improving but still some scabs and only spotty hair. After seeing those early pictures I cannot imagine how a shelter would not have released Brody to a rescue group to get him the medical care he so clearly needed. Even in the condition he's in now, if someone had come in and tried to claim the dog during the mandatory waiting period, they should have been arrested on the spot for neglect.

I know Kelly is busy with work, visiting family, and caring for Brody and her gang but I'm sure she'll post pictures soon. She is clearly a person with a heart of gold and is truly Brody's saving grace. I know GALT has so many medical bills right now ... I believe Kelly said they've taken in 14 broken legs in the last couple of months along with Brody, the other stray boys, and several other special needs dogs. I really don't know how they do it all and I'm sure any donations would be greytly appreciated.

Edited by LadyChester

Guest vahoundlover

Thanks for the update. I have been wondering how Brody was doing but didn't want to bother Kelly. GALT amazes me with the great work they do, they are definitely angels. :nod

I was in TX visiting my sister and was fortunate enought to visit with Kelly, her boys and Brody. What a sweet, gentle boy Brody is! Kelly is doing an amazing job with him. Boomerang and Seth are so good with him, too.

Thanks for updating! I'd been wondering how Brody's doing. Kelly & GALT are the greatest!

Maryann, Bama (TW Beltram), Stephanie (Tom's Stepinhi) & Henderson the Cardigan Welsh Corgi