Sir D The Earl Of Pocono Park, Dancinginthe Dark

Guest DoofBert

Guest DoofBert

post-7619-1192824950_thumb.jpg

Tim and I helped Sir D to the bridge this afternoon. We have been treating him for lameness since September. Our veterinary team confirmed the diagnosis this past Tuesday....the cancer was not operable and was quick moving.

We had a quiet day yesterday, he rested on his favorite bed and enjoyed a variety of treats. He was our Mr Food (hence the name Doof, which if food spelled backward). Tim even made lamb chop for him; Sir D thoroughly enjoyed it.

Doofie came to us through Greyhound Friends of NJ...he immediately settled in with Tessa and our cats. He loved to travel and let people watch him sleep at meet and greets. He loved to run in the yard with our Black Pack and was always the first in line for treats.

Sir D was a clever hound who knew how to play me like a piano. He used his golden eyes to give me this pitiful 'Hey lady, I am underfed look.' which he knew would end up with treats! He wanted nothing more than to please his humans.....he would climb up into the groomers tub and onto the groomers table for nail clipping.

He is in our hearts forever.

We love Sir D... run free without pain, big guy.....and send us a sign every know and then, ok?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jayne, I am still in shock and can not believe it. I am so sorry. I feel like I know this boy,from his silly storys to his fight till the end.

God Speed Sir D- you will be missed terribly.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh, I am so sorry. Run free sweet boy. :cry1

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Oh no.

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Sir D! I hope you have all the treats you want.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest BigPercyInMa

I'm so very sorry to hear of the passing of your young & handsome boy Doof :cry1

His name made me laugh the first time I saw it, but from your posts I learned what a wonderful boy he was.

Guest bowiebears

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

Prayers, sympathy and good thoughts for all of you.

One day we will all be reunited at The Bridge.

--Isaac

Sir Doof??? The maker of a thousand smiles? I can't stand this. I am so sorry. He will be sorely missed.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

I'm so sorry. Thank God he had you to take care of him.

Godspeed, gallant fellow.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Jayne,

I can't believe it, I am so sorry to hear this. :crying

Big :bighug to you, Tim, and the rest of the Pocono Black Pack.

Run Free Doof :angelwings

DynamoandElenasignature.jpg

Tamara with Aragorn the crazy cat, Fawkes the OTTB, and always missing Elena (Rapido Elena - Rapido Ebony x Quiet Traveler 9/11/02-11/14/12) and Dynamo (Dotties Dynamo - Gable Dodge x Geez Darla 3/27/2001-7/21/2012). I hope doggie heaven is paved with peanut butter and the bunnies are slow. Run free and happy.

Im so so sorry :grouphug :grouphug

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle