Marla, My Black Velvet Girlie

ZoomDoggy

I was forced to let you go on Monday, my little Marla. I'm so sorry I couldn't help you heal. I'm sorry we didn't have more time. I'm sorry you so often seemed a little sad. You were only part of my pack for ten months, and we are sorry we didn't have a chance to know you better.

I know your previous owner passed away. If she loved you like I have grown to love you in such a short time, I dearly hope you find each other again. I know she loved you. You are the only bounce I've ever seen who came with belongings. Even a hand-built raised feeding dish set.

When you came into our lives and our home just before Christmas, you helped heal our hearts, so recently broken by the loss of our Sissy. You had moments of playfulness, always right before mealtimes. You often would come prancing into the room where I was fixing your dinner, with your mouth all gummed up with saliva-soaked fuzz you'd methodically plucked from your favorite stuffie toy. How many slimy wads of fluff have I pulled from your tongue? :lol

But you most often seemed a little melancholy. I often wondered if you missed your previous owner. I wondered if there was a special favorite way you liked to be scratched or played with, that only she and you knew... I'm sorry I never discovered what made you truly happy.

I miss your velvet-soft fur, I miss your beautiful little face, your big round head and dainty little paws. I miss throwing your stuffies straight up over your head for you to catch, I miss you drooling over my shoulder while I tried to coax Chancy to eat when she was sick. I even miss you grouching at kitten-Sid who only wanted to groom you. We called you "Bitsy," which meant bitchy, but in a cute way. :lol

I miss you, my little Marzie-Doates. I love you, little velvet girl. And I'm just so sorry.

Your first day as part of our family:

29018020814.jpg

Your beautiful little face...

29018020956.jpg

29018020935.jpg

Your tenth birthday...

29018020885.jpg

Sharing Tipper's bed-- he who never shares his bed...

29018020735.jpg

Sharing Tipper's ice cream...

29018020759.jpg

Romping in the snow with Chancy...

29018020755.jpg

You were certainly Poppa's girl...

marla-_-stuart.jpg

29018020966.jpg

21318404918.jpg

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So pretty Aimee and I know she was happy and knew she was loved. I'm just so sorry it was for so short a time. Bless your poor battered heart.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

I'm so sorry. :cry1

I'm glad she got to spend her last months with you; I wish she didn't have to leave so soon.

Godspeed pretty girlie.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so sorry. f_yellow

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

You can't fake or hide love and those pictures tell it all.....she was filled with you and your DH love. She had that home with you all. Run free sweet Marla. Prayers for peace and comfort.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I'm so very sorry for your loss, Aimee. Especially so soon... Stay strong. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

I'm so sorry you lost Marla so soon. She was a most fortunate girl to have 2 families who loved her so much. Godspeed Marla!

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis