It's Been Two Years

Annette

Scarlett, it’s been two years now. We miss you a whole lot. Especially your dad. Your brother Rhett is showing his age. He’s pretty weak in his back end, but he is still happy and goofy. I spoke with your aunt today, she wonders if Rhett would ride in a doggy wheel chair. You and I know he isn’t about to do that. He’s a tough guy :rolleyes:. Dixie is slowly coming out of her shell. Do you remember how shy and afraid you were when we adopted you? Dixie is much shyer than you were. She has started to curl up in your chair. I am sure you are happy she is using it. I wish you could let her know that she doesn’t have to be afraid. She’ll come around just like you did. Ollie, Hobo and Taffy are no longer with us. Your grandparents adopted Ralphy from the humane society. He and Dixie get along real well. You see, Ralphy is even shyer than Dixie and I think they share a connection in their fears. We’re finally moving to the farm. Don’t worry, you and Taffy will be coming with us. Your dad is finally gonna do what he’s wanted to do for a long, long time. He was accepted into the police academy. What do you think? Can you picture your dad as a cop? I am going to be the main “biscuit-winner” till your dad finds a job after graduation. I see I need to educate the folks I work with about Greyhounds. You think people in Wisconsin would know something about the breed after having a total of five tracks. Sheesh! Guess what? You finally made THE CALENDAR! Your are the November calendar girl. You and Rhett were the September calendar couple in the Texas Greyhound Adoption calendar. I think I will go back to Dewey one more time. Don’t worry, your brother and sister will not board an elevator. I’ll see if I can share a condo with someone. Your dad will not go to Dewey, it’s just too hard for him. He is going to Delaware next month. Hopefully he can get some closure. I better close this letter now.

00000017.jpg

Love, Mom

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

They give us so much for the short time we have them, but always leave with a piece of our heart. It's a hole that nothing ever quite fills, but maybe it gives us a special place to save our memories.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Even though I never had the honor of meeting her, Scarlett holds a special place in my heart, Annette. She was a very special girl and is deeply missed. :sad1:sad1

I'm very glad you two are able to finally do what you really want, and can finally move to Wisconsin! You know that Scarlett is watching over you from the bridge. :wub: :wub:

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

There were many of us thinking of Scarlett this weekend Annette. We always will. :grouphugf_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Scarlett was precious. Never met her but a special grey indeed. Two years already. Wow. I think that the year I was going to go to Dewey but had to cancel. I remember the story of what happened all the time and I have the thank you from Annette and family. My heart still goes out to you all. RIP Sweet Dear Scarlett.

Guest boondog

I will never attend Dewey without thinking of your precious girl. I was so happy to meet her that year. She was so cute and sweet in her little wagon. :grouphug

Guest EmbersDad

hi scarlett:-) even tho i never met you, your memory lingers on. i thank you for the picture that now adorns my home. a hug for your mum and a happy thought for you both.

Guest jettcricket

I remember hearing about your precious girl on the way back from Dewey on the ferry. My heart broke....I just cannot even imagine how painful and hard that was for you and your family. She will always remain a special girl and never forgotten. :beatheart

BTW....I have that calender with your beautiful girl in it.

• 2 weeks later...
:grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

i still remember the moment i heard about Scarlett. i was in the bookstore getting coffee at dewey that Sunday morning and just couldn't believe it. i think of her often, especially when i'm at dewey. :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I'll always remember you sweetheart...the pictures your Mommy sent me remain always on my computer desk. You are so missed honey. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest vahoundlover

:grouphug I never had the pleasure of meeting your beautiful Scarlett, she is obviously loved very much and missed a great deal. :cry1 Thank you for sharing her with us.

:f_pink

Sweet Scarlett.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren