Queen Winnifred Grace---3 Year Osteo Survivor

queenwinniesmom

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Run free Winnie. She was an inspiration to us when Snickers was faced with an osteo diagnosis. Maybe they have met at the bridge and are running and playing together. :gh_run:f_white

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was a remarkable dog and lived up to her royal name. God bless all of you.

Run free, special girl.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Oh Nancy,

What a trooper your Queen Winnie was. Thank you for all you did for your sweet girl. Please accept my sincere heartfelt condolences. Winnie will always be with you in spirit.

Godspeed Winnie, you are terribly missed.

:f_pink :f_pink :gh_run:f_pink :f_pink

Many hugs,

Carla

Guest MomoftheFuzzy
Laying in the grass on a beautiful day, she looked at me and told me she was so very tired, and that she was ready to go.

Oh Nancy! I am so sorry for this loss. Queen Winnie was one of a kind. Such a beautiful, strong, spirit. I am so sad. This part of your post above really got to me. Nancy, I'm so sorry for you and Doug. Winnie put up such a good fight and she couldn't have done it with better human beings. I regret that I'm not going to Dewey this year but next time I see you, I owe you both many big hugs. The only consolation I can think of is that Winnie is with her King Gino now. I'm so sorry again. I can't stop crying because it seems like, no matter when they leave us or no matter they may fight like Winnie did, they always leave us too soon. Hugs to you guys both.

:heart

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry for your loss. It's so hard to say goodbye to a beloved friend. I know how hard that final act of love is. May your beautiful memories bring you comfort.

Run free, sweet Winnie.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

What a wonderful tribute to a very brave soul. I am so sorry for your loss. :candle:grouphug

Godspeed Queen Winnie, do zoomies with all the other angels. :gh_run

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I am so sorry. Run and fly with Royal Golden Wings Sweetheart. :grouphug:f_white

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Nancy, Queen Winnie is my hero. A girl who had so much personality, beauty and fight. We will never forget her and the Hope she has given so many facing this horrible disease. It's going to take me a few days to change her page on HfH I can never find it in myself to do it right away, so those who want to will find her story here at least until the weekend.

Godspeed sweet angel, the heavens are a brighter place.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Thank-you so much to everyone for your kind words. It truly helps, because I know that you understand. And I think it would please her to know that she was such an inspiration. Of course, she would probably just feel that she did what she had to do.

Janet, thanks for linking to her story. I somehow can't post pictures here, and now everyone can see how beautiful she was.

Oh, Chrissy, I thought of Gino yesterday, when I looked into Winnie's eyes. Though they certainly never would be flashy about it, they are truly Rainbow Bridge royalty. Miss you---wish you were coming to Dewey too!

I'll post Winnie's poem in a separate thread. It's kinda long, but she deserves it

Nancy

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

what a beautiful tribute to your wonderful Queen. You were so lucky to have had each other. She is one that brings lots of hope to our hounds who are suffering. She fought the good fight and didn't lose to the osteo. May you find peace and comfort in the days ahead.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

:gh_run2:candle

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest MomoftheFuzzy
Thank-you so much to everyone for your kind words. It truly helps, because I know that you understand. And I think it would please her to know that she was such an inspiration. Of course, she would probably just feel that she did what she had to do.

Janet, thanks for linking to her story. I somehow can't post pictures here, and now everyone can see how beautiful she was.

Oh, Chrissy, I thought of Gino yesterday, when I looked into Winnie's eyes. Though they certainly never would be flashy about it, they are truly Rainbow Bridge royalty. Miss you---wish you were coming to Dewey too!

I'll post Winnie's poem in a separate thread. It's kinda long, but she deserves it

Nancy

I miss you guys too. :grouphug I was thinking about you both again this morning. I can't believe she is gone. But to know she is at peace, well it's the same kind of way I had to think when Gino went to the Bridge. This is so difficult. I'm so sorry again. I can't wait to see you guys and Erica and Dave again soon. Please hang in there. I will be thinking of you still and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I'll call you soon when you get back from Dewey.

:heart

Nancy, Queen Winnie is my hero. A girl who had so much personality, beauty and fight. We will never forget her and the Hope she has given so many facing this horrible disease. It's going to take me a few days to change her page on HfH I can never find it in myself to do it right away, so those who want to will find her story here at least until the weekend.

Godspeed sweet angel, the heavens are a brighter place.

She really was a hero wasn't she? I knew Miss Winnie for awhile but, once she lost her leg, everytime I saw her, she seemed even stronger. She was such a fighter. I was so happy that she had two wonderful humans to guide her and love her. Much like how Foxy has a wonderful human being to guide her too. I think that's a huge part of what keeps these girls so strong in spirit.

Edited by MomoftheFuzzy