Della Needs Thoughts And Prayers

Thanks everyone. What they will be doing today is transitioning her to oral meds rather than the ones they have been injecting and hope she continues without the diarrhea returning. Will keep you posted.

We love our GT family. :inlove

Alice (missing 12/7/05), Wonder and Ben

Alice%20Sig.jpgWonder%20Prof%20Sig.JPGBen%20Sig.jpg

And our beloved Bridge Kids... Inky, Maui, Murphy, Ragamuffin, Della and Natalie

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Continued hugs and prayers for your little girl.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

All fingers...toes and paws crossed here. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Greyt news! We brought Della home! She has a bandage on her leg from the iv (I think) and her neck is mostly red (probably from blood draws?) but she's home. Drove her home with the windows open and then she got a bath outside in the sun and we wrapped her and dried her quickly. All the other puppers were so happy to see her and had to smell and check out where she peed, etc.

She did make a watery poop but maybe that was from excitement?

Anyhow, here's her meds.

Panacur suspension 12.5 ml by mouth once a day for five days

Prednisone 20 mg twice a day

Sulcrafate 1gm twice a day

Tylan powder 1/2 tsp once a day (she doesn't like it so suggested we get some empty gel caps and make pills)

Metronidazole 500mg twice a day (flagyl?)

Omeprazole 20 mg once a day

Centrine 2mg once or twice daily

One of the meds is like prilosec and the other is supposed to be like immodium. He said if the prednisone seems to be bothering her he might switch her over to something called azathioprine.

I quickly took some pics of her return home. One I didn't get was her roaching on the couch. Priceless.

Della home from hospital

Dellahomefromhosp(450x338).jpg

Spine picture (looks like a washboard)

Dellaspineshowing(450x338).jpg

Shoulders

Dellashoulders(450x338).jpg

General pic (you can see her hip bones)

Della.jpg

I can't thank you all enough for your prayers, suggestions and thoughts. I just hope her next poop is firmer.

Have to go hug her now.

And our beloved Bridge Kids... Inky, Maui, Murphy, Ragamuffin, Della and Natalie

Oh, this is wonderful news!!

Here's hoping for firm poops and a healthy appetite.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest PiagetsMom

Glad to hear that Della made it home - sending good thoughts for some firmer poops and a steady recovery :grouphug

Thanks for the update!

Sending good thoughts for firm poo poo. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

All paws, toes, and fingers crossed. It is good to hear she could come home with you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thinking of Della this morning. How is she doing?

She barely ate a cup of food last night. No hint of firm poop. Got up at 5:22 this morning to go out and squirted twice. She turned her nose up at food this morning. We can't give her anything else to eat besides her herring. She's got a lot of medicine for an empty tummy. She's acting fine though. Wish I didn't have to work today but will come home at lunch. We just want her better. :headwall:headwall:headwall

So glad to hear that Della is home! I hope she is eating soon.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Thinking of Della this morning. How is she doing?

She barely ate a cup of food last night. No hint of firm poop. Got up at 5:22 this morning to go out and squirted twice. She turned her nose up at food this morning. We can't give her anything else to eat besides her herring. She's got a lot of medicine for an empty tummy. She's acting fine though. Wish I didn't have to work today but will come home at lunch. We just want her better. :headwall:headwall:headwall

So glad to hear she was able to come home. I'm wondering, have you guys tried plain boiled chicken? Chicken is a really digestible protein for dogs and while it's possible she's allergic to chicken, it's unlikely (more likely if it's an allergy issue that the issue is somehow related to the processed foods in the kibble, or that she's got IBD or something else going on). I wouldn't want to suggest something that could make her worse, but it seems like even the herring isn't sitting well with her right now so it might be worth a try. Of course I'd run it by your vet first as well. Fingers crossed over hear that her recovery picks up today!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

So glad to hear she was able to come home. I'm wondering, have you guys tried plain boiled chicken? Chicken is a really digestible protein for dogs and while it's possible she's allergic to chicken, it's unlikely (more likely if it's an allergy issue that the issue is somehow related to the processed foods in the kibble, or that she's got IBD or something else going on). I wouldn't want to suggest something that could make her worse, but it seems like even the herring isn't sitting well with her right now so it might be worth a try. Of course I'd run it by your vet first as well. Fingers crossed over hear that her recovery picks up today!

I'm picking up some canned fish at lunch today and will bring it back to her. She does have IBD and PLE. In the beginning we did try boiled skinless chicken. I will be updating the vet after lunch and ask him about chicken again.

I'd get a sample of the Purina EN and see if she likes it.

Sending prayers!

I did ask the vet about it before and was told not now because it has so many things in it...rice, corn, meat and bone meal, animal digest and animal fat. They want her system to stay on a food source which is new to her system. At this time they are keeping everything as simple and uncomplicated as possible.

I've also moved the cat food to a gated room that only the cats can get in. We muzzle her when she goes outside so she won't even get a blade of grass. We make sure the floor is swept under the bird cages. No place left to snack, much to her dismay.