Oscar

Guest TinasTroops

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DoofBert

Oscarman,

You will be in hearts forever! We'll be looking for your star in the heavens tonight... make sure it shines every so brightly, ok!?

Run free and without Pain, dear boy ....maybe you'll have Green Hulk Man Angel Wings?

:angelwings:angelwings

Love to Mare and the family!

Thank you all.

Although we're not 100% sure, it's was almost definitely a fast-moving cancer that just got hold of my baby. He improved very much two weeks ago but then had that crisis last Wednesday night and went downhill from there. By the time we went to the vet this morning, he was peeing non-stop, could barely stand and there was no light in his eyes at all. He had lost a tremendous amount of weight and not even his absolute pleasures were able to rouse him.

It was with a very very heavy heart that my husband and I held Oscar as he passed from this world. He is the second dog I have lost to cancer in less than four years. I am even more determined now to make sure his diaries do what they can for Dr. Couto's research.

I completely enjoyed writing the diary entries. It was so much fun and a unique way to let my silly side come out. Oscar was the perfect foil for that - especially when he used the Hulkman in his entries. Although I loved Rox with all my heart, Oscar was my heart dog and I only had 3 years with him. That just doesn't seem right.

I believe that everything happens for a reason - even if we can't figure out what exactly the reason is. Oscar came into our lives and brightened it up with laughter and love for three wonderful years. I will never regret that - but I will always have a lingering feeling of being robbed. No dog ever made me laugh like Oscar did. Ever.

My youngest son won't know about this until tomorrow afternoon, so that is going to be very rough. I never imagined that this would happen so soon. I took his leather necklace from him and brought it home. When I took it out of my pocket, it made the jingling noise I loved so much. I reassured me that Oscar was nearby. I'd listen for the tags when he was outside and I would know that the skunks wouldn't be snuck up on by him as he did one day, to his (and our) distress.

I don't know what to say. I feel like I didn't do enough, yet I can't think of anything I could have done differently. I feel like I failed him because he's gone so soon. But he was suffering so much that we couldn't let him continue. the pain meds weren't even touching him any more.

It's just not right.

Remembering the games we used to play: Games We Used to Play: A Hop, Skip and Jump Down Memory Lane

Oscar (Answer to Chevy): 8/23/02-8/13/07 & Dee (Cee Bar Denise): 12/23/98-8/28/08.

Order your own copy of Oscar's Diaries: Life as a Retired Greyhound

This is just heart breaking. I am so very sorry. We loved Oscar. Rest easy now special boy. Send a special sign to your mom soon.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest Greytswami

Marijke, deepest condolences to you and your family.

I don't post very often, but I do read GT often and I always loved popping and reading Oscar's diary.

He had many fans and will be missed greatly.

I'm so sorry for your loss. f_yellowf_yellow

I am so very sorry. Rest in peace Oscar - you were dearly loved & will be sorely missed. f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest BlackandBrindle

Marijke,

I can't tell you how sorry I am. Oscar has always made me laugh and smile. You did everything that you could do for him :grouphug My heart is broken for you :grouphug

Guest greybookends

I can't stop crying. I am so sorry. Oscar you will be missed so much. Watch over your human family send them a sign that all is well.

:gh_run:f_red

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooo. Mareyeka, my heart goes out to you and your family. If ever a dog was loved and cherished, if ever a dog was a source of love and pride and laughter, that was Oscar.

God speed you over the bridge, gentle sweet handsome soul.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so very sorry. I miss him already.

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us, everyday, of those we love.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds