Bodie Has Been Diagnosed With Early Stage Osteo

Guest Bodie

Guest Bodie

Sometimes, deep in your heart, you know there is something terribly wrong. Bodie, as you may remember, has had a long struggle with a staph infection from which he has been slowly recovering. He recently developed a limp and it concerned me as it didn't seem related to his staph. I had a very bad feeling about it. The X-rays taken Friday showed he has very early stages of osteo in his right shoulder. I have sent an email to Dr. Couto, hoping against hope that he will see him and possibly accept him into his program. Otherwise, I will have to send him to the Bridge. I can not let him continue to suffer. He is in a lot of pain and is now on pain medication.

He is my heart dog. It is so hard to let go.

Rhonda

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry. Hopefully Dr. Couto can make some recommendations.

I do hate cancer.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so sorry. Praying Dr Couto has some options for you.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest Tenderhearts

I can't express adequately how sorry I am for you and Bodie! :cry1:grouphug I will certainly continue to keep Bodie in my prayers :hope :hope :hope :hope

What heartbreaking news. :( Please consider joining the Circle of Grey group. They were incredibly supportive and helpful when I had to deal with OS. My prayers go out to your precious boy and to you. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest Bodie
I am so very sorry.

Prayers that there are still options for Bodie. :hope:hope:hope:hope:hope

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and good wishes for Bodie. They do help. This is such a time of pain and uncertainty about what is the right thing to do for him.

Rhonda

I'm so sorry.

I too hope that there is something that can be done to give you and Bodie more good time together.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest luluaz

I am very sad for you and your heart dog-

Burpdog asked about the pain meds, this is very important....Tramadol and gabapentin and some kind of NSAID now, morphine later, if you choose and the good Lord blesses you with extra time.

It is very hard, I know-

Lots of prayers, love and healing white light for you coming from Phoenix! :grouphug:heart:goodluck:clover:hope:candle

Lisa

:grouphug Hopefully you can find a good painkiller to help Bodie and you get through this.

Smokey was diagnosed with osteo at 14 and lived a good pain free 4 months taking Piroxicam (Feldene). I don't see this medication mentioned at all here but maybe you could ask your dr. about it. He took Pepcid daily with it for gi upset. It is inexpensive about $15 for a month supply at the human pharmacy.

I'm so sorry. I went through this last year with my boy and know the pressure and uncertainty you feel.

I hope Dr Couto can help you and Bodie.

:hope:hope:hope

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I'm so sorry that you have to go through this...however I hope that the pain meds work for a while. :bighug

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Guest PiagetsMom

I'm so sorry for your bad news. I know you're faced with difficult decisions from here on out..... :grouphug to you and I'll be checking back to see what Dr. Couto may have to say.