Bodie Has Been Diagnosed With Early Stage Osteo

Guest Bodie

I am so sorry. My heart breaks for you and Bodie. Sending prayers that Dr. Couto can help and that you have much quality time ahead of you. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so very sorry about the diagnosis. Sending prayers you still have some quality time left with your Bodie.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Oh damn. I am so sorry. This is so unfair. Give your sweetest boy a gentle kiss and hug for me. We'll be thinking of you.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest trevdog

Are they postive that's what he has? Some infections can mimic osteo, bone infections that is. Definitely contact Dr Couto.....

Sending lots of prayers.....

Guest gr84me

Oh Rhonda, I'm so sorry. I hope that your vet can find the right meds to keep Bodie comfortable, and that Dr. Couto has some options for you.

:grouphug for you, and prayers for Bodie.

I hope that some day we can open Health and Medical without any osteo diagnoses. I'm so sorry that you are faced with an osteo diagnosis for your Bodie. I hope you have caught it early enough to have lots of time with your sweet boy. :grouphug

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Guest Bodie

Thanks to each and every one of you for your support and prayers. It has helped me more than you can know. To answer some of the posts: I definitely intend to overnight the X-rays to Dr. Couto and ask the radiology staff to look at them. If Dr. Couto will see Bodie, I will take Bodie to Ohio as soon as I can get an appt. Trevgray gave me some hope with the thought that perhaps his staph infection has localized in the bone and it may not be osteo. That would also be very serious, but perhaps not as fatal as osteo. I am hoping Dr. Couto can help Bodie, but if not, I will keep him on pain medication and hope that we may have a few months together before his quality of life declines and I must send him to the bridge. Bodie has stayed by my side and helped me through some very difficult times in my life. Now it is my turn to stand by his side and love and support him every way I know how.

Rhonda

Sending prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry to hear this but I'm sure Dr. Couto will help you sort it all out. I'll be praying that it's not osteo.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest LadyChester

Sending positive thoughts to you, your family and Bodie. I can only imagine how difficult this must be after all he's been through.

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

Prayers and positive healing light coming your way. I'm hoping for the very best for you and your boy. We are heading for another trip to OSU for a check up on Thursday. Please keep us posted.

I so sorry. I hope Dr. Couto can help out in some way. Lilah received acupuncture once a week and it did seem to help. Perhaps there is someone near you who can offer this service? My thoughts are with you. Circle of Grey can be very supportive.