Katie-bug

greytdecals

It is with hurting hearts that Brian and I had to let our Katie-bug go to the bridge today :weep she was so calm laying on the table at the Vet's today, the calmest I have ever seen her behave while there (and believe me she has spent a LOT of time at the Vet's office!) I think she was saying "Thanks Mom and Dad for giving me the best life a dog could ever have!" I felt horrible but also felt a sense of peace from her which is something I have not felt about her in long time...so then I knew it was the best decision we made for her. Katie-bug has been epileptic since she was 1 1/2 years old and developed Cushing's Disease over 6 months ago, which is ultimately what took her life. We do not know her exact age because she was a stray when she came to me...as a matter of fact, she was in such bad shape when I found her or should I say when she found me...that I took her to the Vet thinking they would put her down, that was about 13 1/2 yrs ago.

I don't even know where to begin with her and it's hard typing thru tears anyway but she helped me thru one of the toughest times in my life and I honestly don't think I would be here today if not for her, that is how much of an impact she had on my life. I am torn because I know we gave her the absolute best life possible but I also feel as tho we have failed her :( The Dr. said that most people would not have done what we did for her. We have spent thousands of dollars on her health care and suffered with her through some tough times and he said somebody else may have given up on her long ago. I am glad we gave her the chances in life that we did but I will always miss my Katie-bug, my Krazie Katie :cry1 I will miss the barking in the morning after DH leaves for work, the funny tongue thing you did when we sat down to eat, the sliding down the stairs then bouncing up like a piece of rubber etc.... I could go on and on about the things I will miss but most of all I will miss my best friend...till we meet again, Godspeed my Katie-bug...run pain free with your sister, Miss Nellie.... :beatheart

5224116.jpg

5330721.jpg

5974656.jpg

katie1_001.jpg

6591497.jpg

Edited by greytdecals

Suzie Collins

Owner/Artist Skinny Hound Designs

Greyhound decals, magnets and signs.

Fur kids: Isabelle and Petey

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a lovely tribute! I am so sorry for your loss. :f_pink:f_pink

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

:cry1f_yellow:grouphug I'm so sorry.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

I'm so sorry...

run with the angels Katie.....

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Guest vahoundlover

OH NO! :cry1 I am so sorry, Suzie and Brian :grouphug:grouphug I've always felt a connection to Katie-bug, her and Busters health issues are so similar. Suzie, may your memories and the love that you shared help ease your aching heart. Krazie Katie, send your mom and dad a sign, let them know you are ok.

Godspeed beautiful Katie-bug :f_pink

I'm so sorry.

Go find your sister, pretty girl, and run and play in the sunshine over the bridge.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your tribute was lovely and it sounds as if you gave Katie-bug the most wonderful life possible. You were meant to find each other and help each other thru the tough times and that devotion will live on in your heart and memories.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy