Godspeed, Sweet Skittle

Guest Tenderhearts

Guest Tenderhearts

I went to pick up Skittle this morning to bring her home to be with us. She had a bad seizure when they went back to get her ready for me.

She was brought to the car on a stretcher, heavily sedated. I had her in the front seat with me, her head on my lap. Her eyes were open, pupils dilated, and I kept stroking her and telling her how much I loved her and tried not to wreck on the way home. I pray she was in there somewhere and heard my words and felt my touch.

Amber had her comforter on the sofa sleeper, we laid her there with her head on the pillow. I spooned up behind her, and she closed her eyes and rested. I just kept telling her how much she was loved, spooned up against her the entire time.

She went downhill fast, was making moaning noises and I called my vet. By the time we had her on a big towel to use as a stretcher, she was seizing.

My heart broke all the way to the clinic as I held her.

I don't know if I will ever be whole again. I feel like I failed her.

I'm sorry I can't post a lovely tribute because she so deserves one. I am praying I have the strength to do that later.

She was my diamond in the rough, my jewel that no one else saw before she came to me, the dog who was going to be euthanized at 5 months of age because of her overwhelming shyness.

My heart is shattered in a million pieces right now.

You were so very loved, albino fruitbat. Please tell Lori Ann how much we miss her too. Please send us a sign you made it to the rainbow bridge okay.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Momiji

:f_white :f_white :grouphug :grouphug

I know that sorrys not enough but its the only thing that I can tell you right now. You have my deepest sympathies and condolences.

Run Free Sweet Skittle. :gh_run

I just can't believe it. Just can't. I'm so horribly sorry DeVon.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

I am so sorry :grouphug

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest gleigh78

Oh no. I can't believe this. I'm so sorry, Devon. You were wonderful for giving Skittle a second chance, and she knew it too. She'll look out for you from above. :bighug

Guest wmlcml6

I am so sorry for your loss, Devon. Skittle was one of the few non-greys on this board that were accepted, and it's because she was special.

Rest in peace, Skittle Girl. Maybe you could go find Curly Sue. You would probably like her.

Edited by wmlcml6

Guest StriderDog

Godspeed Skittle. You will be missed. Devon, I'm so sorry for you and Amber's loss. I wish there was more we could do to ease your pain.

Guest SquanHound

DeVon, as the tears roll down my face, I can tell you that you did not fail her! You and Amber both loved her like no one else could. We will all miss your dear fruitbat and her hot pink lipstick marks. Please take comfort that she is now in peace and enjoying the comfort of Lori Ann. Godspeed Skittle :gh_lay

Guest hannahmom

Devon,

I am so truely horribly sorry.

You gave her a wonderful life and had the strength to give her the wings she earned when it was time.

My deepest sympathy for you , Amber and all of the critters who will be missing the darling Ms. Skittle

Tena

Guest bowiebears

Words fail me.

Let me offer you whatever comfort another heart can give you in your time of sorrow and grief.

One day, we will all be together at The Bridge...

--Isaac

DeVon, I'm frantically trying to get ahold of you about individual cremation. Your vets office said they would call you and let you know I'm trying to get ahold of you.

Edit: I see it's taken care of. My heart is with you.

Edited by Patsy

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Guest caiteag

DeVon, my heart is breaking for you right now. You did NOT fail her... you gave her a wonderful life, full of love and joy and fun. If you need anything at all, I am here for you my friend.

Run free, beautiful Skittle... you were loved and treasured by more people than you can possibly imagine.

Guest ohgreyt

Oh I'm so very sorry. Poor Skittle. Poor you! I'm sure that Skittle knows how very much you loved her! She will send you a sign soon!

Edited by ohgreyt

Guest jettcricket

.....Devon I am so terribly sorry for your incredible loss. A friend of mine has a Pit and I would share your stories of your baby girl with her. She made us laugh. I know she was your pearl and she will be truly missed by so many, but never forgotten. :beatheart:f_pink:beatheart

...Grieve not,

Nor speak of me with tears,

but laugh and talk of me

as if I were beside you...

I loved you so -

'twas Heaven here with you