Downtime Saturday

Jeff

Just make sure it's back up by 6 p.m. when I get to work. :lol :lol

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

:yay:yay:yay

Forced work time!!

Thanks Jeff!

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

COOL! One less distraction for me on Saturday! :clap

Good luck, Jeff! And thanks for the anticipated improvements.

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Thanks for the warning. Now I don't have to worry that something is wrong with my system. :lol

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

OK...big work day tomorrow!!! Is the upgrade for new software? More capacity? New features? Anything fun?

updated version of the forum, and a few new features. There are a lot of subtle changes, probably near a hundred, but most will go unnoticed. The biggest things you will see are multiple choice polls (check all that apply) and changes to the profile pages. They will have a lot more info and be somewhat like myspace pages where you can add 'friends' then see if your friends are online and such. Kind of neat, kind of cheesy lol

I have had the spell check feature reworked to fix a lot of bugs, the easiest to see is when the spell checker breaks embedded quotes.

I have reworked the chat integration (who is currently chatting) and the featured photos images on the main page. Ideally they should look exactly the same, but they are now integrated into the core code rather then running as an external file. A lot of things like that I have done to speed up the code base, and should be visibly transparent to you as the end user :)

I have added a new stat box at the bottom of the main page that will display all users online today (last 24 hours) so that is neat. A lot of time went into that modification to cache the names rather then parse them each time someone requests the page. That saves HUGE on the server resources.

Some additional work done to make it ever harder for spam to make it to the forum.

A favorite of mine. I was tired of trying to remember of I replied to a PM or not. (Best way to reach me is via the support ticket system, and I don't always answer PMs or emails) so I wanted a way to tell. We will now have visual icons to show if we replied ot forwarded a PM. This is exclusive to Greytalk as far as I know :) Note that it will only apply to NEW PMs, it will not be retroactive to existing things in your inbox.

Reworked the membermap, and a lot of other things have been cleaned up to validate with xhtml compliance. The main forum here does not validate, the new one will for the most part. You can see a few of the changes that validate here now as I already uploaded them in the CONTACT, TOS and DONATIONS pages. More will follow.

and a whole bunch of other little things :)

Everything should remain very similar to what you see and use here now, just refined a bit.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

i'm assuming this is why the forum just "broke" for me. ;)

and just make sure you start the upgraded after 8am, this way i'll be out at the Home Depot/Lowes getting lumber.

Guest Sportingfields

Love it when Jeff talks 'geek' to us :blush Seriously though, should you ever get run over by a Greyhound or something, Jeff, what would happen to GT? I mean is there anyone out there that could take over and know all this stuff that you are doing and keep the board going? Do you have a GT Godparent in your will somewhere? :P

roos

Christel

Edited by CottageHoundDesigns

i'm assuming this is why the forum just "broke" for me. ;)

yeah, deleted your custom skin before the update ;)

Not sure what is breaking it for you, but the new skin will most likely be broke on safari too :lol

One day when you have a lot of time, we can create one, then go through it mod by mod and see what causes it to brake.

Love it when Jeff talks 'geek' to us :blush Seriously though, should you ever get run over by a Greyhound or something, what would happen to GT? I mean is there anyone out there that could take over and know all this stuff that you are doing and keep the board going? Do you have a GT Godparent in your will somewhere? :P

I'm sure there is :)

The problem is that nobody knows the passwords, not even Trudy. I should do something about that.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

I'm almost temped to start now :lol

No!! I don't have enough movies for tonight!! :lol

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****