Derby, My Angel Girl

iluvgreys

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest amberj002

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing that beautiful tribute to your beautiful girl. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Guest rsqdogsmom

I am so very sorry for your loss. :(

Thank you for sharing Derby's story.

She was so lucky to share her final years in such a loving home.

God Speed, Derby. :f_white:brokenheart

Guest jeannejj

I am very sorry for your loss of Derby. She was a truly lovely lady. It's hard to say goodbye to a beloved friend. May your memories bring peace to your aching heart.

Run free, sweet Derby.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

Guest Machbragal

I knew this sweet tribute was coming, and I knew that I would cry through it all. Even knowing that you had had to part with her, the reality of seeing the tribute hurts so much. Your girl was so special, and we got a little taste of how special she was because you shared her with us. Thank God she found you in her life and that she felt truly loved. I am truly sorry for your tremendous loss. There's no way to replace the magic that a pet brings to our lives. We can only move on and honor them as we do so. God bless you and your Derby.

:f_white:f_white:f_white:brokenheart:brokenheart

I am so sorry for your loss. Derby is truly an angel now.

Make yourself familiar with the angels, and behold them frequently in spirit; for without being seen, they are present with you.

St. Francis de Salles

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

This is such a moving tribute to your Derby - I know she was a special hound, but now I truly know why. What an amazing life she led, and how fitting that you were her last forever home. I know you hurt and I know she leaves a huge empty place in your home and in your heart, but she will always be with you in memory and in spirit. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

That was beautiful... My thoughts are with you, Im sorry for your loss :grouphug

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest jettcricket

I'm so sorry..... :f_pink

God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be.

So he put his arms around you and whispered "Come with me"

With tearful eyes I watched you, and saw you fade away,

Although I loved yo dearly, I could not make you stay.

A million times I've need you, a million times I've cried,

If my love could have kept you here, you never would have died.

If teardrops were a stairway, and memories were a lane,

I'd walk all the way to Heaven, and bring you home again

:f_white:f_white:gh_run:f_white:f_white

Derby would surely have loved that tribute, if she is as much like Bluebird as I suspect. Perhaps she is not so much dead as free to be the angel she always was?

I'm so sorry. :cry1

That's a wonderful tribute to a special girl, who was fortunate to find you.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

:cry1 Beautiful tribute. I am so sorry for your loss. :grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

What an amazing, heartwarming tribute. I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Derby :(

DevonSympathy.jpg

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers