Indy (it's Skywalker)

Guest IndyTwister

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Carla

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know Indy took a piece of your heart with him, but he will always be in your heart. You will have many wonderful memories of Indy to help you through the difficult days ahead.

f_yellowf_yellow:gh_runnerf_yellowf_yellow

Godspeed Indy.

Carla

Oh no... :cry1 I'm so very sorry. :grouphug Please tell us more about your precious boy when you can. Godspeed, sweet Indy... :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry. I know the pain, and hope that in time memories will replace pain with peace and joy.

Run free, sweet Indy.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

:cry1

Run fast sweet boy

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest IndyTwister

We were gone over the weekend and he got into a package of denta-stix (at least we think that's the cause... this happened Friday night). He had diarhhea Saturday morning and then ate, drank, pooped, played, etc. normally up until Tuesday afternoon. The vet thought perhaps it was a continuation of a bit of a tummy bug twister and then him (and now King) had last week. We got more Flagyl, antibiotics as well as deramaxx for his discomfort (he was limping a little so we thought perhaps his leg that has a little arthritis was bothering him...). Yesterday morning he seemed worse. He went in for x-rays and there was something suspicious in his abdomen, the vet recommended barium x-rays to get a better look. Nothing really showed up - I saw the x-rays. There was a possible "pinching" of one area but things were flowing through. He was still pooping/not throwing up last night (he never threw up actually). She advised we skip dinner for him and bring him back first thing this morning for another x-ray to make sure the barium had continued on it's way out. Around 2:30am he seemed more uncomfortable and had a fever again (had one Tuesday afternoon but had gone down by yesterday afternoon, supporting the mild tummy issue....) We took him to the e-vet. They did x-rays and there was a blockage that was visible now that the barium had soaked in. We opted for surgery right away even though the vet though from his demeanor she thought he would probably be fine stabilized on fluids overnight until our vet opened. We went home planning to transport him to our vet when they opened after his surgery was done. The e-vet called once they had opened him up with the bad news. His stomach and perhaps elsewhere in his intestines had perferated by the time he made it to surgery this morning. There was barium, intestinal fluid, acid, etc. in his adominal cavity. There was nothing more to do.... Drastic measures would give him a 20% possible survival rate and would require him to remain at a nearby specialty hospital with his incision open for the next few weeks. We couldn't do that to him so opted to let him go. We got to go to the e-vet and say our goodbyes even though he was still under the anesthetic before sending him to the bridge. I'm still in shock - we both are... We did everything as instructed and no one who's seen him in the past few days had any idea HOW sick he was.... He was even wagging his tail at a little dog at the vet yesterday afternoon.... Monday night he was bouncing around the living room with one of his new toys... and now he's gone... He was our first greyhound - our first dog as a couple and the reason for 12 fosters and two "chips" and for a good friend of mine adopting two greys. He was so special - a true gentleman, a touch prissy at times (no way could he lay on cement or even damp grass - only cushy beds!) and so intelligent. He was always watching us and caught on to everything so quickly - once he got something he never forgot. He won my husband's heart over to greyhounds and impressed everyone he met. Not only was he a unique looking grey, dark brindle with a white collar, nose, four socks and white tail tip, his calmness and gentleness amazed everyone he met. My boss who hates dogs liked Indy enough to let me bring him to work with me. A big piece of our hearts went with him today.... We're still in shock really... we just never expected he'd be gone so young and so suddenly....

oh :cry1 I'm SO sorry!!!!!!

hugs going out to you :bighug:bighug

:f_red

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am so sorry for your loss.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Guest KennelMom

I just read your update. I'm so, so sorry :( We lost a foster, Dagger, to an intestinal blockage. He too, acted normally the entire month he was here. He pooped normally, ate normally. Then one day he started throwing up every other meal or so. We did the normal protocols and when he didn't get better he went to the vet. They ended up removing a large section of necrotic intestines, but Dagger never recovered from surgery. The blockage was carpet that he ingested while he was still at the track, so he had been carrying it around for quite some time.

You did everything you could for Indy. You did every thing right. Sometimes really crappy, horrible, heartbreaking things happen that are just out of our control. Instestinal blockages are one of my worst fears :( I'm so very sorry you lost your boy...what a terrible shock :grouphug :grouphug