• 37-45
    • 45-55
    • 55 and up

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest robmercy

I'm 29. I was 27 when I got my two boys, just a few months before our birthday. 29, when I got my baby girl. She's a year younger than them. Jim was 33 when we got the boys, he's now 35. I'm sure I'll be 30 something when we get our 4th!!!

Edited by robmercy

Guest mhall

I'm 23, BF is 25. We decided we wanted a greyhound 2 years ago, but waited until we really had time to do training and such. We adopted Tarmac a little over 2 months ago, and he's my (our) first dog. He turned 6 at the beginning of June.

I don't know how college students find the time to take care of a dog - I was so much busier when I was in school than I am now.

Guest destinysmom
I'm 23, BF is 25. We decided we wanted a greyhound 2 years ago, but waited until we really had time to do training and such. We adopted Tarmac a little over 2 months ago, and he's my (our) first dog. He turned 6 at the beginning of June.

I don't know how college students find the time to take care of a dog - I was so much busier when I was in school than I am now.

I agree! I graduated a few months ago and I could have NEVER had a dog then, my cat luckily was very self sufficient, which was nice on the all nighters at the library!

Guest TheStylishHound

I used to be 20-something! :)

Ok, here's a question...if I'm 37 can I click in the 30-37 category or do I have to go to 37-45? :) I'll take door #1 please!!! Yep...I'm 37 but act much younger! LOL.

Guest CDNGreyOwner

I am 28 and own 1 greyhound and am waiting for my second

We are 25 well I am almost 26 :) Bailey is 5 and we got her a month after we got married. 3 years ago. Everyone thought we were nuts for doing that too.

Our Family thought we were also nuts. Can't imagine what they will say when we got our second sometime this summer

• 5 months later...

53 for me; 55 for hubbie. The PERFECT ages to own a grey! Oh, yeah, all ages are perfect ages to own a grey.......

Currently trying to get my 24 year old son to get a grey. :colgate

Cris

Duncan, the new sweetie

Gabriel, well and truly home (2002-2006)

Guest aujulie

I'm 25 and hubby turns 28 in January. We get Annie (our first) today!!! We just moved into our new house and this is the first time we have been able to own a dog (apartment restrictions). We do have one cat - Tiger.

I was 33 y/o and hubby was 35 y/o when we adopted our first greyhound this past April. We've been married and owned our own home for 10 years. I guess we weren't up to responsibility of dog ownership until now.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Guest GREENSTGREYS

I knew I was older than a lot of the gters when they referred to music groups I had never heard of and had to ask my 26 year old son about :( Im 49 or as they say in personal ads 40 ish.

We'll both be 30 this year! AAAHHH! Not looking forward to it...puts us in the next age category! :angry: Oh well...as for our hounds, Fixer is 5 and Gracey will be 4 in February.

I am 32 and my DH is 50... I still don't officially own a grey yet. My first experience was at an assisted living facility where I picked up a grey to live there. She is the first dog that stole my heart. She still has it and will always. I go visit her every week. I have had dogs all my life as my parents owned an obedience school and so I was exposed to so many breeds. Currently I am fostering a very sweet grey girl and waiting for the day my heart (Isis) will come home with me.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

I will be turning 50 in June so I smiled when I read about people dreading their upcoming 30's. I dread turning 50 but it beats turning 30...at this age I worry far less about the small stuff, care less about others' opinions of me, am financially secure...and way smarter about life in general.

However, my mind is still very young and my body is fit and healthy so I can keep up with our greys: Bailey who's 8 and Ben who is 4. By the way, DH is going to be 54...that helps me feel younger too! :lol

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest BlueGrey

I'm 28 and DH is 37.

Brownie will be 4 in March

Lady will be 4 in June

Harley will be 3 in August?

Shadow cat is 12, Shady cat is 11, Bristol & Charlotte barn cats are 10 mos.

Sly horse will be 11 (UGH, can't believe that one)

Buddy horse is 20-something

• 2 weeks later...
Guest robmercy

I was going to reply to this, but looks like I have over the summer. (post# 202) I can't believe this one is still going around. I'm still 29 though. ;)

Edited by robmercy

Guest houndstooth4
I used to be 20-something! :)

Ok, here's a question...if I'm 37 can I click in the 30-37 category or do I have to go to 37-45? :) I'll take door #1 please!!! Yep...I'm 37 but act much younger! LOL.

Ditto that one.... Just ask my DW :lol

Edited by houndstooth4

• 2 weeks later...
Guest garysgreys

Yer all young bucks, I'm 62, the DW is 58, we have three hounds, Blue Moon is 10, Paige is 6, and Pride is 3. Cats in this household would be moving targets so We don't have any. :rolleyes: