• 37-45
    • 45-55
    • 55 and up

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greyhound1

I am 53 and DH is 57. :D And Brenda is 8 my beautiful senior grey! We have 2 sheltie also.

Edited by greyhound1

Guest Dinabird

I am 67 soon and my Kay is 7. And for all of you who are afraid of growing older it is awesome! It is so-o-o-o not like what my parents and grandparents experienced - and being retired and not having to work for the "man" is wonderful. I celebrated by getting dreadlocks! Always wanted them and now I am finally free to do as I want!!!!! Sounds selfish I know but I earned it!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest IrskasMom

:yay:yay for Dinabird. I am just a Year behind you and having the best Years of my Life.Just Retired and

do what I want to do every Day. It's greyt. Go to the Park every Morning with my Boy Morty. He loves it

having his Mommy around all Day to spoil him.

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Guest dmona
I am 21 and if K.C. (son) counts as an owner he is 15 months no poll answer for that one though, young mister shiner is 2 years.

1295325[/snapback]

They say you are as yound as you feel.....we are 58 & 62 and we feel it some days :colgate .

We're close in age. I am 63, DH is 59. Puppers JoJo is 8, Eddie 4, kittycat 14. Hopefully, we'll be moving close to you soon. I am from Lancaster, SC which is about 40 miles south of you in case you never heard of it.

I loved the one who posted that they have shoes older than some of these kids, I do too!

Guest akcpupontherun

I'm 50+ (read that as, in dog years I'm dead), :D DH is 44. Don't know how old Raeza is, maybe 4?, Whisper is 3.

Guest StarlaDear

Hi! I just saw this thread and had add my two cents....i am in the (cough) 30-39 category now, but, when i adopted my one and only greyhound in july of 2000 i was only 24. At the time i swore i was the only greyhound adopter/meeter and greeter in new jersey that was just out of college. I even remember once being asked if i had "problems" adopting my greyhound because they are usually adopted out to more "mature" people...i guess it didn't matter that i was a paramedic and a critical care nurse at the time. I do, sadly, find people take the information i give them more seriously now that i appear, eh hem....wiser?! Hip Hip Hooray for all the youngster adopting hounds out there. I can't think of a better way to start out a life than with a houseful of hounds all around! Besides, the earlier you start adopting the more hounds you will be able to share your life with, right? :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GreytfulJack

I have two teenaged sons and I'll be 47 this November....wait...how did THAT happen?

:rofl

***edited to add they are the most wonderful children and worth every gray hair I color each month. :)

Guest rosebudd

I am 29 and my hubby is 32. We have Leo age 3 yrs 7 mo our new brindle boy, violet 4 yr old kitty, skinkids Trever 10, Maya 7 and Cecelia 3. Talk about a full house and I want another grey hehe. Hey since I am done having skinkids might as well get some more furkids :colgate

Guest EMcElfresh

I am 25 next week - and Gordon, my grey, will be 5 in November...I got him in November, so we celebrate gotcha and b'day in the same month!!

Guest ishapespace

I am 25, DH will be 26 at the end of the month. Greys are: Anna (who turn 3 on July 14), Berry (who will be 7 at the end of July), Dax, who is coming soon (just turned 2) and then the kitties: Enzo is 6, and Husdon is 2.

Guest FastDogRunning

I am 26 and DH is 28. We have had Link for just over 4 years now and a month after we got him we get Holly. A little while after that the human baby arrived. lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sassichari

DH and I are both 38. We are newlyweds, celebrating our 1st anniversary in September . We just got our greys within the last 6 months. Though I had my very first grey when I was 26-she left me for the bridge 4 years ago.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi! I just saw this thread and had add my two cents....i am in the (cough) 30-39 category now, but, when i adopted my one and only greyhound in july of 2000 i was only 24. At the time i swore i was the only greyhound adopter/meeter and greeter in new jersey that was just out of college. I even remember once being asked if i had "problems" adopting my greyhound because they are usually adopted out to more "mature" people...i guess it didn't matter that i was a paramedic and a critical care nurse at the time. I do, sadly, find people take the information i give them more seriously now that i appear, eh hem....wiser?! Hip Hip Hooray for all the youngster adopting hounds out there. I can't think of a better way to start out a life than with a houseful of hounds all around! Besides, the earlier you start adopting the more hounds you will be able to share your life with, right? :)

:nod I adopted my first greyhound when I was 22 years old, and shortly thereafter became the youngest board member in Quad Cities Greyhound Adoption history! I am 26 now with 3 retired racers, a rescued IG, and 2 rescued cats (who I adopted at the age of 20)!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DorianGreyhound

I'm 27 and have a Grey, got my first at, um... 22? A foster puppy, 7 months old! Have had sighthounds since I was 12, saved up and bought my own Bad-senji ;) Got my first Whippet at 17 and my first Borzoi at 22... (he died at age 3 of heart disease)

20 here, my fiancee is 23 and we just picked up our boys in March 2007, so we're REALLY new to greys but the both of us have owned other dogs in the past so the adjustment hasn't been too difficult.

Jack is 2 and Orion is almost 4.

Edited by zilchy