Happy Marathon Monday

For anyone, past or present, who is or has ever been a Bostonian…Lil Poppy would like to wish you a happy marathon Monday. She was cheering our friend Dr Brooke on, who is an e-vet across town from us. Luckily we don’t see her often professionally but we are very proud of her today. 

Poppy also wanted to show you her brand new collar that arrived in the mail today. The timing was very appropriate. 

D1E01BA4-909D-431C-A66D-2B2EB6D76B5C

Edited by gracegirl
  • Like 6

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

She is gorgeous. If we get to Denver Poppy is going to have a visitor. :lol

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

23 minutes ago, Time4ANap said:

She is gorgeous. If we get to Denver Poppy is going to have a visitor. :lol

She’s lucky she’s gorgeous because even after two walks and enrichment tonight (her snuffle mat) she’s still the spicy version tonight. I can’t wait until her baby canine teeth fall out. 

• Haha 2

Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

:ding

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Gorgeous girl in an awesome collar!

Any vet cheered on by a fan like Poppy would run her heart out. :beatheart 

(The go-go-go spicy phase is ... trying.)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

14 minutes ago, GreyPoopon said:

Gorgeous girl in an awesome collar!

Any vet cheered on by a fan like Poppy would run her heart out. :beatheart 

(The go-go-go spicy phase is ... trying.)

Trying is a different word than I used earlier. Lol. I love her so much. I love her so much. I just keep repeating that phrase. And “this too shall pass”. I think next week we’ll do a day or two of daycare. 

11 hours ago, gracegirl said:

Trying is a different word than I used earlier. Lol. I love her so much. I love her so much. I just keep repeating that phrase. And “this too shall pass”. I think next week we’ll do a day or two of daycare. 

About 25 years ago, after my second puppy in 6 months, I said I was never doing puppy again. I did--I brought Daisy home 10 years ago because I couldn't find an adult Std. at the time. She was promptly dubbed The Jerk, or something along those lines. She's still a jerk, but slightly less go-go-go and doesn't nip or jump up.

Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

3 hours ago, GreyPoopon said:

About 25 years ago, after my second puppy in 6 months, I said I was never doing puppy again. I did--I brought Daisy home 10 years ago because I couldn't find an adult Std. at the time. She was promptly dubbed The Jerk, or something along those lines. She's still a jerk, but slightly less go-go-go and doesn't nip or jump up.

I’m just baffled at how something so cute can be so….sharp. :wacko:

• Haha 1

After reading this I guess there is a reason we take the seniors in. :lol

• Haha 2
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

5 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

After reading this I guess there is a reason we take the seniors in. :lol

Yep. :lol: 

I find that I can't take the activity levels of young animals. I never really could, but now my tolerance is even lower. Seniors are more my speed.

Yes to all of the above about energy levels, but she is

So. Frickin'. Cute.  

What size do you think she's going to be as an adult?  

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

On 4/20/2024 at 12:29 PM, EllenEveBaz said:

Yes to all of the above about energy levels, but she is

So. Frickin'. Cute.  

What size do you think she's going to be as an adult?  

Calculators online say she’ll be 60-70 lbs as an adult based on her weight and age now. I’m dying to know as well. I don’t mind if she stays on the smaller side.