Backend harness

My big male greyhound fell while running and badly bruised his spinal cord and lost the use of his hind legs.  We are having a very difficult time finding a back end harness that fits a greyhound.   The harness either digs into the underside of his delicate skin around the leg area or they cover up his private area and don’t allow him to pee.   Has anyone had any luck with a comfortable harness for their hound?

Reach out to Carol Becker Rizzo https://www.etsy.com/shop/godsgreyts

She sells "Assistance Harnesses" on her Etsy page.

• Like 1

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I have the harness linked above and would be happy to mail it to you if you don't mind some embedded fur from numerous hounds. It originally came from Lucy @LBass who used it with her boy Spirit and then her tripod MoMo, and Lucy graciously sent it to me for my tripod Sweep. Then it went to tripod Tessie in Colorado and came back to me when my Willa had her amp in August. It's been a tremendous help to many of us, and hopefully will work well for your boy too. It's very lightweight and has no itchy seams or rough bits. PM me if you'd like it!

Edited by ramonaghan
  • Like 3

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

^^ This is one of the examples of why we love the GreyTalk community ^^

Another option is the Help 'Em Up harness that worked great for both my male and female hounds who had lost the use of their hind ends.

• Like 4

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

On 1/9/2024 at 4:44 PM, ramonaghan said:

I have the harness linked above and would be happy to mail it to you if you don't mind some embedded fur from numerous hounds. It originally came from Lucy @LBass who used it with her boy Spirit and then her tripod MoMo, and Lucy graciously sent it to me for my tripod Sweep. Then it went to tripod Tessie in Colorado and came back to me when my Willa had her amp in August. It's been a tremendous help to many of us, and hopefully will work well for your boy too. It's very lightweight and has no itchy seams or rough bits. PM me if you'd like it!

I was not able to see the link.  Also how do I directly PM you?  

4 minutes ago, Phaedra3 said:

I was not able to see the link.  Also how do I directly PM you?  

Try this link.

To send a PM, just click the envelope icon in the upper-right corner:

53456515510_64f2f6a7d7_z.jpg

Choose Compose New and enter my username (ramonaghan) in the To field.

If it's easier, you can email me at ramonaghan11 [at] gmail.com.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

i was watching my late friend's 11 year old borzoi who was using a Help Em Up harness. I hated it, she peed on it all the time. I went to a sling made out of a sturdy reusable shopping bag that was opened so it became a sling.  I used it for steps only.

Carol Becker Rizzo mentioned above custom made one for my girl's measurements and sent it out very quickly.  It was a wonderful help.  Best thoughts for your boy.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter