Pet Sounds

Ever since Milo had his first tooth extraction a few years ago, he has had the softest, most gentle, occasional snore.  It's adorable.

Gelsey makes a unique sound -- I can't think of a word to categorize it.  She does it sometimes when she's yawning -- it's like the sound of air brakes combined with nails-on-a-chalkboard.  Bad enough under regular circumstances, but when she really gets some air into it, like when she's stretching and yawning at the same time -- it's enough to make me jump.  Strange that such a horrible sound can come out of such a pretty little girl.   

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

We're gonna need video! :lol 

Willa is a gentle snorer too. And a barker. And a heeeener. She gets that last one from her brother, who won't let me go upstairs without the most baleful of whines. :rolleyes:

Off-topic: How is Milo today?

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

1 minute ago, MerseyGrey said:

Is it a yawnscream? Buddy does that but I find it quite cute so I’m not sure it can be the same noise. Other than that, I think his noises are pretty standard greyhound noises, including the flappitypuffity that his lips do when he sighs :wub:

Stealing this word. :lol And it's my favorite greyhound noise.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

4 hours ago, Remolacha said:

I like flappitypuffity better :D

Me too. :) 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Sometimes likened to the sound of a duck running rapidly through thick porridge

:lol  

How is Milo today?

Sliding off into intermittent wonkiness again  :(  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

12 hours ago, SGE1967 said:

Are you by any chance on the Retired Greyhound Owners UK FB group? That one made me snort coffee out of my nose just yesterday!!

No, I’m not. GreyTalk was my first venture onto social media, and then I created an Instagram account solely to post photos of Buddy on GreyTalk (and it’s a bit addictive so no more social media for me!)

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23