Couto Veterinary Consultant fee?

I hate when people ask this question but I can confirm that as of June 2022, his fee is $150 payable with PayPal. 

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Thanks for the info.

Jagger (13) who loves to run in the back yard, and dig in his sand pile, has been limping a little, on and off, for a couple of weeks.

His vet did an exam a week and a half ago; she elicited a little bit of discomfort in his front left shoulder; x-rays didn't show anything "bad", but they were not read by a radiologist.  Started him on Carprofen 75 mg, every 2 hours, and the limp "comes and goes".

Thought I might get Dr. Couto to review the office notes and x-rays.

If it's a soft tissue problem it won't show on an x-ray so if he's pulled a muscle or has ligament damage you'll need a MRI scan or a cheaper alternative is a dog physio.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

Jagger :goodluck

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

save your money. try the anti-inflammatories and maybe ask about gabapentin and/or meloxican. that's a lot of carprofen, quite often, i've always dosed it once a day.do check and make sure your dosage is correct. but your vet must have a reason when and if you proceed with x-rays make sure they are digital. 

https://www2.zoetisus.com/content/_assets/docs/Petcare/dosage-chart-rimadyl-link-out.pdf

42 minutes ago, cleptogrey said:

save your money. try the anti-inflammatories and maybe ask about gabapentin and/or meloxican. that's a lot of carprofen, quite often, i've always dosed it once a day.do check and make sure your dosage is correct. but your vet must have a reason when and if you proceed with x-rays make sure they are digital. 

https://www2.zoetisus.com/content/_assets/docs/Petcare/dosage-chart-rimadyl-link-out.pdf

CORRETION: I meant to type Carprofen 75 mg every TWELVE hours, which is the dosage for his weight, 83 pounds.

Oooooopppppsssssss...... 

9 hours ago, Beachbum1 said:

Thanks for the info.

Jagger (13) who loves to run in the back yard, and dig in his sand pile, has been limping a little, on and off, for a couple of weeks.

His vet did an exam a week and a half ago; she elicited a little bit of discomfort in his front left shoulder; x-rays didn't show anything "bad", but they were not read by a radiologist.  Started him on Carprofen 75 mg, every 2 hours, and the limp "comes and goes".

Thought I might get Dr. Couto to review the office notes and x-rays.

Correction: Carprofen 75 mg every TWELVE hours.:unsure 

Can you get a CT scan and have Dr. C look at that? Not sure if you have insurance, we do, so a CT would be next and then I’d have the X-rays read first by a radiologist and then by Dr C. 

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

4 hours ago, gracegirl said:

Can you get a CT scan and have Dr. C look at that? Not sure if you have insurance, we do, so a CT would be next and then I’d have the X-rays read first by a radiologist and then by Dr C. 

if your vet doesn't feel comfortable reading the rads then you can ask to have the digital image sent to a ortho vet, or get a consult thru either Antech labs or another general vet. When annie broke her leg the young crew at the ER vet had never read a rad w/ cancer, especially a star configuration. that's how i know about the consult from Antech.

It sounds like your looking for a diagnosis. Symptoms of the dreaded C are often obvious before an x-ray gives one a firm diagnosis unfortunately. Think about it, if you can maintain a good comfort zone for your 13+ year old dog we are talking about quality of life decisions. I've been there. Comfort, love and good food make up quality of life at that age. 

Ask about meloxican it's a wonder drug- i swear by it for my arthritic knee and felix was on it for quite a while.  Gabapentin also helps immensely and both are more than affordable.