Lawmakers say this flea collar should be recalled after 2,500 pet deaths-

Lawmakers say the collar should be recalled?  Not the manufacturer?  So if nothing was investigated, due to consumer complaint, the company would continue to sell this collar, even though many pets have died.  Freakin' amazing isn't it.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

The last I heard the theory was a lot of the adverse side effects were due to counterfeit products. I'll keep watching for new info, but we use Seresto and knock on wood, haven't had any issues. 

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Seems just about every year a different product gets a headline like this…wasn’t last year nexguard?  One needs to consider competing companies publishing false accusations and impacts regarding counterfeit online purchases.  Honestly, one could make the same claims about potentially any product.  

4 hours ago, tbhounds said:

Seems just about every year a different product gets a headline like this…wasn’t last year nexguard?  One needs to consider competing companies publishing false accusations and impacts regarding counterfeit online purchases.  Honestly, one could make the same claims about potentially any product.  

Good point, and every product is going to have a few dogs (or people, or whatever) that have a bad reaction. We used Seresto for several years on several dogs with no problems.

9 hours ago, tbhounds said:

:nod  

We’ve been using Seresto for about 4 years with zero issues.

One of the Galgo rescues in Spain has been using them on hundreds of dogs for years. 

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 6/20/2022 at 8:28 PM, NeylasMom said:

The last I heard the theory was a lot of the adverse side effects were due to counterfeit products. I'll keep watching for new info, but we use Seresto and knock on wood, haven't had any issues. 

I understood the same thing.  I only buy Seresto collars from the same reputable sources, either Costco or Chewy.  I've been using them when I had Carl (so from the mid to late 2000s) and they are a godsend.  I haven't had a bit of trouble with them, knock on wood!  As with anything, someone will always have an adverse reaction to it.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014