Memories

I think they get plenty of love and snuggles from their trainers and handlers !

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

4 hours ago, BatterseaBrindl said:

I think they get plenty of love and snuggles from their trainers and handlers !

Yes they do!  All my FTH dogs totally remembered everyone!

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Grace does, you can tell when she's dreaming that she's remembering a race by the length of time her legs are twitching and her breathing :sleepy:gh_runner

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

On 7/15/2020 at 8:16 AM, HeyRunDog said:

Grace does, you can tell when she's dreaming that she's remembering a race by the length of time her legs are twitching and her breathing :sleepy:gh_runner

Ditto, all my three have had racing dreams. And, when I walk Tiger, he always wants to take off after anyone who passes us on a motorbike. He doesn't do that for any other vehicle, so I think that must be a recollection from his training days - I understand that here in the UK some dogs get encouraged to chase by using a stuffed toy dragged along behind a motor bike.

Oh, and I've just remembered: Doc my first greyhound I took along to a fundraising event for retired greyhounds at our local track, before that closed. He had no idea where we were while we stayed front of house, but when I took him down to the trackside and heard the starting bell and saw the greyhounds running, he got very excited, wanting to leap in and join them. Afterwards, when we walked out, he spotted the vans where the dogs who'd raced were waiting to go home. He looked at those, and then he looked at me, and we happily trotted off together to catch the train home :).

Edited by DocsDoctor
to add in the story about Doc

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

29 minutes ago, DocsDoctor said:

Ditto, all my three have had racing dreams. And, when I walk Tiger, he always wants to take off after anyone who passes us on a motorbike. He doesn't do that for any other vehicle, so I think that must be a recollection from his training days - I understand that here in the UK some dogs get encouraged to chase by using a stuffed toy dragged along behind a motor bike.

Oh, and I've just remembered: Doc my first greyhound I took along to a fundraising event for retired greyhounds at our local track, before that closed. He had no idea where we were while we stayed front of house, but when I took him down to the trackside and heard the starting bell and saw the greyhounds running, he got very excited, wanting to leap in and join them. Afterwards, when we walked out, he spotted the vans where the dogs who'd raced were waiting to go home. He looked at those, and then he looked at me, and we happily trotted off together to catch the train home :).

This story about Doc is lovely 😍

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23