Intro/hello From Ponoka Alberta!

Hello everyone! My husband and I adopted Moose in November 2018 when he retired from Lurching in Kansas. I have been around dogs daily since I was an infant, 53 years ago, and my hubby is a cat person willingly converting. Our 2 parrots and our dog are basically our children as we have no kids or grandchildren.

Moose is a lovely big boy at over 90 pounds and runs much much faster than the female greyhound I had 20 years ago. He is 6 years old and behaves like he is about 2! We are very much still in the beginning stages of learning and getting to know our boy. I found this forum when I was looking for some information on sleep startling and I was so impressed by the information here I thought I would join you!

Moose has been an absolute joy and his presence in our lives has brought us such peace and companionship already. My feeling is that we have a responsibility morally and spiritually to provide this boy with the most we can offer in terms of handling and caring for him the very best we can. I have trained and competed in agility and obedience in the past and I am always looking for things to learn.

Moose is in superb condition aside from what appears like minor arthritis in a previously broken toe. His ability to communicate his needs is uncanny. He is a normal dog in many ways but with a few twists. His version of cuddling is standing next to where I am sitting and leaning against me. He would love to snuggle on the sofa but its like snuggling with a sack of hammers! Sometimes he will lay his head on my lap and he loves to be petted as long as your arm can stand it. He sleep startles fairly predictably and as time goes on it's going away since we stopped him from coming on the bed and sofa. It's been a really cold winter here and we are finally seeing the snow begin to leave in the last few days. Moose has been sniffing and hounding all over the yard as it's the first time he has really seen Canadian soil so to speak. I will follow with pictures asap,

Nice to meet you all!

Moosemom

Welcome from the UK.

Grace used to suffer with sleep startle but as she's got used to her new home and accepts no harm will come to her she hardly suffers with it anymore.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

:welcome2 from Miami, Florida! Can't wait to see pictures.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Welcome from Edmonton! Congrats on your new addition. Was he adopted from Northern Sky?

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Welcome to you and Moose! He sounds like a lovely boy.

His version of cuddling is standing next to where I am sitting and leaning against me. He would love to snuggle on the sofa but its like snuggling with a sack of hammers! Sometimes he will lay his head on my lap and he loves to be petted as long as your arm can stand it.

This is how Jeter, my sleep startle guy, acts. He initially got better at the sleep startle, but soon learned that he really did have something to be alarmed about -- the real possibility that Milo would try to steal his place.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Hello and :welcome from Calgary!

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.