1 Year

I have now had Stella a year and as much as I dont see drastic changes, when I look back, it's the little things. She has always been very laid back and passive. Never really does anything. I first realized she was coming out if her shell, the first time she did something "naughty" I came home to a torn up kleenex. She looked at me like she knew it was wrong, but wanted to see if there would be repercussions. If anyone cared enough to notice that she had gone out on a limb. I made a big fuss, in an excited happy voice, about ,"what did you get into??" "Were you a bad doggie??" She was so proud of herself. Since then, she now is more comfortable making her needs known. She will "demand" we go outside by stomping her little feet. She gets excited when I get home and will run away with a shoe. She will come by for a sniff if you have food, but won't beg. She is truly the best thing ever.

Edited by GreyStella

Guest AmberGusDad

I have now had Stella a year and as much as I dont see drastic changes, when I look back, it's the little things. She has always been very laid back and passive. Never really does anything. I first realized she was coming out if her shell, the first time she did something "naughty" I came home to a torn up kleenex. She looked at me like she knew it was wrong, but wanted to see if there would be repercussions. If anyone cared enough to notice that she had gone out on a limb. I made a big fuss, in an excited happy voice, about ,"what did you get into??" "Were you a bad doggie??" She was so proud of herself. Since then, she now is more comfortable making her needs known. She will "demand" we go outside by stomping her little feet. She gets excited when I get home and will run away with a shoe. She will come by for a sniff if you have food, but won't beg. She is truly the best thing ever.

I would love to see more posts like this.....

That's put a smile on my face. :D

Your Stella reminds me of my Grace, never does anything much but when she does does do something slightly naughty it's a joy.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

awwwww this is lovely!

I must have two of the worst behaved greyhounds then! haha. Mine are into EVERYTHING. We cannot put a single thing down without it being stolen - shoes, tissues, food, hairbrushes, remote controls, you name it, if they can get their mouth round it, it's going in their bed - and when I take the object away, my girl looks at me and SIGHS! She sighs at me, like a teenager with attitude! haha It's very funny. It's like she's saying - ooooooohhhhhhh but that's not fair.

They are complete loons and they're into everything, no corner left unturn. It's adorable and very funny but we certainly have to be on the ball at all times.

And begging.....man they have rampaged through the house on the sound of the fridge opening. I swear ours aren't greys - someone got them confused! haha. (just kidding). They're amazing.

She will "demand" we go outside by stomping her little feet. She gets excited when I get home and will run away with a shoe.

:wub:

I had a perfect little girl whose only silliness her first year was to steal the bathmat when anyone took a shower. She was the bathmat stealth ninja -- even though you were on the lookout, you never noticed it until you pulled back the shower curtain and there was bare floor. You'd go out dripping wet to retrieve your mat and there she would be on your mat that she had placed on one of the dogbeds, lying quiet as you please and just rolling her eyes at you.

JustJamAA -- you might have gotten some of those infamous labs-in-grey-suits. :)

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter