Tile Floors

Tell me about indoor boots or Mushers Secret, please. We already have rubber backed throw rugs, so there is no need to talk about them. The nails are also short.

What have you used with success or tried and it didn't work?

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Musher's Secret or Bag Balm work pretty well if you apply it at bedtime so it has ample time to dry; I use MS in the winter when Sweep's pads get super dry and smooth.

Boots-wise, I bought her these leather Dog Mocs in size L for our beach vacation last year--didn't end up needing them there, but I was very impressed with how quickly she adjusted to wearing them. She hates Therapaws and isn't too fond of baby socks, either, but the mocs didn't seem to bother her at all and give her great traction on our hardwoods. I posted about it when we first got them.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Your best bet is to get rubber backed throw rugs.

:angel:rofl

Edited by NeylasMom

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Your best bet is to get rubber backed throw rugs.

:angel:rofl

3 days suspension!

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Some people have tried those toe grips thingies (the technical term ;) ) that you glue around their nails. I guess they work. It would help if the nails are already short, I think. The rubber Paws boots would probably also be good for slippery floors.

Or you could just not mop for a while!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Some people have tried those toe grips thingies (the technical term ;) ) that you glue around their nails. I guess they work. It would help if the nails are already short, I think. The rubber Paws boots would probably also be good for slippery floors.

Or you could just not mop for a while!

Pawz advises against using their booties indoors as they are completely waterproof and the sweat from the pads creates a humid environment ripe for breeding bacteria and fungus.

My :heart Cameron (WW's Bull Fight) - Gotcha day: June 28, 2017

Little rascal Pirate (the cat) who wants to play with Cameron, but from a safe place. :heart

these are fantastic, low profile, you can quick hose them down and squeegee them dry. i find the polypropylene runners amazing. i use one on the leather seat of the car with a blanket on top so the dogs don't slip and slide. i also use them on the stairs outside when it's icy. https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/3/bungalow-flooring-rugs

there are other web sites that carry all the sizes and printed images. i'm partial to the distressed wood. my runners are 10 years old and look brand new!

Edited by cleptogrey

You can also get clear nonskid tape (works on smooth tile) and clear nonskid coatings (work on less smooth tile). Search on amazon . com. Some of the manufacturers have additional things on their own websites.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• 3 weeks later...