Please Can Some One Help?

Guest Merlin

Your heartbreak is palpable. Sometimes we just don't know what went wrong. A necropsy would give you the answer. I am so very sorry for your lose and for the terrible experience. I had a similar scenario this past August with my 11 year old, Wendy. Brutal. Sending lots of gentle hugs your way. Rest peacefully, sweet Merlin.

thank-you xxxxx I'm devastated xxx

Your heartbreak is palpable. Sometimes we just don't know what went wrong. A necropsy would give you the answer. I am so very sorry for your lose and for the terrible experience. I had a similar scenario this past August with my 11 year old, Wendy. Brutal. Sending lots of gentle hugs your way. Rest peacefully, sweet Merlin.

thank-you xxxxx I'm devastated xxx

I am so very sorry for your loss. I have no answers, just another who understands your pain and feelings of loss. Losing them when you know you will, and when it comes out of nowhere both cause immense pain and heartbreak. Just hold on to knowing that Merlin knew he was loved immeasurably and he would not want you to suffer.

Just sending along some more hugs. So very hard to lose one you love :( .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I have no answers, just another who understands your pain and feelings of loss. Losing them when you know you will, and when it comes out of nowhere both cause immense pain and heartbreak. Just hold on to knowing that Merlin knew he was loved immeasurably and he would not want you to suffer.

thank you for ur words.my heart is broken in bits xxx

Just sending along some more hugs. So very hard to lose one you love :( .

thank you, I'm so empty without him xxx

I'm so very sorry you lost your Merlin so suddenly....feel free to come here & vent - everyone here has lost a grey-buddy & understands your pain & what you're going through... basically, having your heart ripped out...

Many hugs... :f_white

Run free, Merlin

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

I'm so very sorry you lost your Merlin so suddenly....feel free to come here & vent - everyone here has lost a grey-buddy & understands your pain & what you're going through... basically, having your heart ripped out...

Many hugs... :f_white

Run free, Merlin

thanku.he's been gone 4 days and I'm totally devastated,il feel sick,my eyes are closed nearly from crying,I'm scared to come home he's not there,I'm talking to him like he's here to try to stop the empty space,I'm sure I'm driving my family mad,every word is me trying to find out what could have happened, why? Guilt for not knowing he was poorly,I feel I've let him down so bad.devastated is an understatement.xxx

Be at peace. There's nothing you could have done. You never let Merlin down. He knows he was loved. Grieve your boy as long as you need to. Perhaps having a small celebration of life/remembrance ceremony might help the healing begin. Gentle hugs.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

I'm so sorry you lost your precious boy. I've lost 2 rather suddenly, and it does add another layer to your grief. Though we are never truly prepared, when they are with us one moment, and gone the next, we first have to get over that shock, and maybe even feelings of guilt, before we can truly start that process. Grief is a necessary emotion, and there is no time limit. Like LaFlaca said, grieve as long as you need to. And I also think a remembrance ceremony is a lovely idea. Plus, you are doing something very necessary and intelligent by coming here to express all the emotions you are feeling. We all really do understand. Sadly, it is one thing that we have in common---the loss of a much loved dog. So by talking about it, you're not holding everything inside, or even wondering if it's normal. Let me tell you---it is normal. It's a journey. And though it doesn't seem like it now, it does get better. Just as deep love brings deep loss, it also brings precious memories that will always be yours. Be gentle with yourself, and let yourself be sad. I found that when I needed to cry, I felt better when I just gave in to it totally. Of course, it was better done in private---people feel so helpless when they don't seem to be able to comfort you. And it tended to scare my husband. :) Surround yourself with those memories, feel close to him, and at some point, you'll realize that you didn't cry that day. And then will come the day when thoughts of Merlin bring more smiles than tears. And when you need to, please come here and talk. We share your sadness. :grouphug

Oh, I just saw that you wanted some help about posting a photo. I'm not sure how to tell you to do that, but I know there are people here who could help. Maybe someone will respond, and you can email a picture, so they can post it for you. Or, are you on Facebook? If you have a picture on Facebook, you can just click Copy Image over the photo, and post it here by pasting. If you have any pictures of Merlin, we'd love to see them!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Please know that so many of us grieve with you - as we no the horrible pain of sudden loss - and the guilt of wondering what happened - and if we could have changed things... Just know that at 11 years, he lived a wonderful life of love with you.

My heart aches when I read your posts about being afraid to go home. I know that pain of emptiness.

As an aside - that's when I joined greytalk.....to look for answers as to what happened to my Jack post operatively. What I gained from his loss was this wonderful place to speak with other like minded people who have been with me through the ups and downs of hounds - and life in general.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I've lost two to hemangiosarcoma of the spleen or liver in a similar sudden end. Both were fine in the morning and gone by day's end. Actually, what does it matter. They are gone.

Same here. We took our Celeste in for bloodwork, followed by an ultrasound. She had been doing great just a few days before. We had to let her go the same day. It was very sudden.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Same here. We took our Celeste in for bloodwork, followed by an ultrasound. She had been doing great just a few days before. We had to let her go the same day. It was very sudden.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

When I said, what does it matter, I meant that we didn't do a necropsy. They were gone, we couldn't bring them back and both times the vets offered their opinions. I saw the tubes of blood they drew from their abdomen; there was no going back. These sudden loses rip you apart. You have no preparation and the dog can be of any age. One of mine was only 7. Again, I am more than sorry for your loss.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

When I said, what does it matter, I meant that we didn't do a necropsy. They were gone, we couldn't bring them back and both times the vets offered their opinions. I saw the tubes of blood they drew from their abdomen; there was no going back. These sudden loses rip you apart. You have no preparation and the dog can be of any age. One of mine was only 7. Again, I am more than sorry for your loss.

Irene, I wasn't questioning your sincerity at all. I know *exactly* what you went through with hemangiosarcoma and how quickly things happen. We didn't do a necropsy either. Our vet showed us the ultrasound and was the one that advised us it was best to let her go. Its heartbreaking to bring a dog into the vet hoping to make them better and leave without them. We lost our galgo Beatrix six weeks before Celeste to osteosarcoma. We were better prepared for that.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

I'm so sorry you lost your precious boy. I've lost 2 rather suddenly, and it does add another layer to your grief. Though we are never truly prepared, when they are with us one moment, and gone the next, we first have to get over that shock, and maybe even feelings of guilt, before we can truly start that process. Grief is a necessary emotion, and there is no time limit. Like LaFlaca said, grieve as long as you need to. And I also think a remembrance ceremony is a lovely idea. Plus, you are doing something very necessary and intelligent by coming here to express all the emotions you are feeling. We all really do understand. Sadly, it is one thing that we have in common---the loss of a much loved dog. So by talking about it, you're not holding everything inside, or even wondering if it's normal. Let me tell you---it is normal. It's a journey. And though it doesn't seem like it now, it does get better. Just as deep love brings deep loss, it also brings precious memories that will always be yours. Be gentle with yourself, and let yourself be sad. I found that when I needed to cry, I felt better when I just gave in to it totally. Of course, it was better done in private---people feel so helpless when they don't seem to be able to comfort you. And it tended to scare my husband. :) Surround yourself with those memories, feel close to him, and at some point, you'll realize that you didn't cry that day. And then will come the day when thoughts of Merlin bring more smiles than tears. And when you need to, please come here and talk. We share your sadness. :grouphug

Oh, I just saw that you wanted some help about posting a photo. I'm not sure how to tell you to do that, but I know there are people here who could help. Maybe someone will respond, and you can email a picture, so they can post it for you. Or, are you on Facebook? If you have a picture on Facebook, you can just click Copy Image over the photo, and post it here by pasting. If you have any pictures of Merlin, we'd love to see them!

thanku so much,I'm speechless xxx

I'm struggling to work out how to reply individually,but you are all angels xx ur advise and help in golden xxxxx

Please know that so many of us grieve with you - as we no the horrible pain of sudden loss - and the guilt of wondering what happened - and if we could have changed things... Just know that at 11 years, he lived a wonderful life of love with you.

My heart aches when I read your posts about being afraid to go home. I know that pain of emptiness.

As an aside - that's when I joined greytalk.....to look for answers as to what happened to my Jack post operatively. What I gained from his loss was this wonderful place to speak with other like minded people who have been with me through the ups and downs of hounds - and life in general.

thanku with all my heart and soul xxxx

Irene, I wasn't questioning your sincerity at all. I know *exactly* what you went through with hemangiosarcoma and how quickly things happen. We didn't do a necropsy either. Our vet showed us the ultrasound and was the one that advised us it was best to let her go. Its heartbreaking to bring a dog into the vet hoping to make them better and leave without them. We lost our galgo Beatrix six weeks before Celeste to osteosarcoma. We were better prepared for that.

I thought that I sounded cold. I didn't mean it to be.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Trying so hard to work out how to get pics of merlin on profile and on here........ driving me nuts,I really would like u all to see Merlin xx

Try https://postimages.org/.

1. From the home page, select "640x480 (for message boards)" from the first drop-down list.

2. Select "No expiration" from the second drop-down list.

3. Upload your photo.

4. A new page will display with a list of links. Click the clipboard (copy) icon to the right of the "Hotlink for forums" link.

5. Paste that link in your post here.

I hope this will work for you. We'd all love to see a photo of your sweet Merlin. :heart

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart