Dewey / Rehoboth / G R T B - Who's Going And Meetup Thread!

Time4ANap

I'm so excited for Dewey! We stay at a cottage in Dewey Beach and I'm hoping for at least one day of perfect weather, with no golden retrievers, to just lay on the beach with my girl all day long! :)

winnie, I'm so excited you are coming - you will love it!!

I promise I won't think you're a stalker either. :lol Looking forward to seeing everyone and maybe some new folks we haven't met yet. We're regulars at GIG and Grapehounds, but this is a new event for us.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

I promise I won't think you're a stalker either. :lol Looking forward to seeing everyone and maybe some new folks we haven't met yet. We're regulars at GIG and Grapehounds, but this is a new event for us.

:lol And I promise not to ask too much about Gracie, but I may not be able to help myself lol!

Forever in my heart: my girl Raspberry & my boys Quiet Man, Murphy, Ducky, Wylie & Theo
www.greyhoundadventures.org & www.greyhoundamberalert.org & www.duckypaws.com

Very excited to bring Chimes and Tangy this year! Robin, our rental is the 5th - 8th :-)

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

Very excited to bring Chimes and Tangy this year! Robin, our rental is the 5th - 8th :-)

Thanks! Maybe some day I'll remember :lol

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Hoping to meet Chimes!! We're staying on Saulsbury again-stop by!!!!

We will, thank you!! This will be her first beach experience :-)

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

This will be our Loki's first trip to Dewey. We already know he's a good traveler after taking him to Gettysburg last spring. He's going to mostly hang with Dad, going to the beach and other fun things while my baby-doll Capri hangs out with me in my "shop". Now that she's 13, she can't do as much walking, so she would slow the boys down in their adventures. But she loves hanging with momma, so it's going to be a fun time.

BTW, confirmed, I have three different designs of slow-feeder bowls that I'll bring to sell. Capri inspected the shipment herself, and approved. :colgate

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

BTW, confirmed, I have three different designs of slow-feeder bowls that I'll bring to sell. Capri inspected the shipment herself, and approved. :colgate

Great! Xavi has already mastered a swirly one and a flowery one.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg

Just wanted to mention to everyone that we encourage folks to check the Updates page at www.GRtB.org for information about what's going on at Greyhounds Reach the Beach® this year. We'll be posting our full schedule online, speakers, etc as we are finalizing our preparations.

You can also sign up for weekly email updates on the home page at www.GRtB.org.

With running three greyhound events and all the normal stuff of life, I find I have less time to check the other great websites out there like Greytalk or others for questions or concerns people post. We've got some great speakers planned, a ton of classic vendors at the Sleep Inn, a greyt Beer N Biscuit Mixer Saturday night, and even a greyhound walk on the beach Sunday with a group photo from an aerial drone.

The E-Booklets will go out about September 25th to all those who are registered, so that will have everything about the event. You can also ask questions at admin@grtb.org

Just three weeks to go! We look forward to seeing you all at the beach!

Larry B.

Oh, a few more things...

• Forever Home Greyhound Adoption will be babysitting greyhounds during the day at Sleep Inn. Thursday-Friday-Saturday. Just bring your muzzle (they will have extras).
  • There will be vendors at Sleep Inn Thursday all day, Friday all day, Saturday, all day, and Sunday 10-1PM. Not all vendors will stay for Sunday;
  • There are so many vendors at Sleep Inn we cannot fit them all in our big vendor tent. So some vendors will be in the big vendor tent, some will be inside the hotel, and some will be outside the hotel in pop-up tents. It will be a vendor extravaganza!
  • ​We are updating our E-Booklet with restaurants that have outdoor seating and are dog friendly. You won't wnat to mis that list since eating is as much a part of GRtB as greyhounds!

Great! Xavi has already mastered a swirly one and a flowery one.

Yikes! Those are two of the designs I have. You may have to resort to outside the box thinking or downright tricks to slow him down. Putting his food inside a box that he has to open or something like that. Or nested boxes. LOL!

Edited by jetcitywoman

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

Yikes! Those are two of the designs I have. You may have to resort to outside the box thinking or downright tricks to slow him down. Putting his food inside a box that he has to open or something like that. Or nested boxes. LOL!

He keeps stealing Iker's food after he finishes his own. Iker's a slow eater and is very cautious while Xavi is still the ultimate street dog. I've tried feeding them in separate rooms, but Iker won't eat without Xavi. Iker is so strange.

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg

Ah, then perhaps setting an xpen between them so they can see but not invade. Of course that's not the best interior decor, not to mention a space hog/obstacle in your room, so.... that is a tricky one!

Joe and I will be unpacking at the sleep inn on Wednesday. We are selling from our room this year. It's too difficult packing and unpacking every night when we show in a tent,our work can't take the moisture.

Sataturday night both Joe and I will have work at the grotto pizzeria, greyhounds in art exhibition and silent auction.

Come visit us at both sites(much more in the room, only 4 or 5 works at the grotto). check out the unique "dog in a box"(by joe) and my new "bark dogs", smaller blue prints and tons of small oils that Joe has been producing. New beach & racing scenes by Joe as well. I have new drawings incorpating some of the techniques in my current large works and some new long dog shillouttes...bronze and black coloring.

See you soon!!there will be flyers posted as to our room location or just ask for Bushman and guttman at the front desk (I don't remember which name the room is under)

WE WILL HAVE OUR DOOR OPEN FOR CUSTOMERS BY 10AM AND ASIDE FROM A SHORT DINNER BREAK WE WILL KEEP THEM OPEN UNTIL 9PM.

SAT. NIGHT CLOSING AT 5. SEE U@THE GROTTO,DEWEY sat. Nite

Edited by cleptogrey

OK just a few updates on Greyhounds Reach the Beach® with just a week to go. Where does the time go?

• The weather is looking spectacular a week out with no rain in the forecast and 70-degree temperatures.

• There will be nine vendors inside the Sleep Inn headquarters location including Joe Bushman and Andrea Guttman, Long Dog Leather, the art of Linda Evans, Commins Greyhound Coats, Grey Drive, Something Special Pet Supplies and more! Plus Cave Bird Coffee will have free coffee samples inside from the unbelievable coffees Glen roasts from around the world.

• Then of course there are all the vendors in the huge vendor tent: Midwest Greyhound Adoption is back with all their great products, beds, etc., VAGA is back, Greyhound Love is back, Gretwear is back all the way from Kansas, Houndstown, Wetherby Martingales, Fast Dog Foodies, Classy Couch Potatoes, on and on. Then we have some great new vendors from all over. Some will be in the hotel, some in pop-ups around the big tent. We couldn't squeeze them all in our ginormous 140 foot long wedding tent. Vendors will start selling in many cases by 10AM Thursday.

• We are doing bag raffles this year with some amazing stuff, including a lot of great gift certificates from area restaurants. We'll start raffling off these gift certs on Friday so people can use them on the weekend! We also have a great Silent Auction with deals on Seresto flea/tick collars, wine with classic art greyhound labels, gift baskets, too much to list. Raffles and auction will be at the speaker end of the big vendor tent behind Sleep Inn.

• We're doing our first tours of the area with your greyhound aboard. The first two tours sold out so the great folks at Sun Otter Tours hope to add a third tour on Friday afternoon. Get your name in to them if you'd like to be inclued. The tour shows you the old city of Lewes (found in 1631), then scoots over to the beach at cape henlopen for a nice walk then finises up with a delicious a la carte lunch at Crooked Hammock Brewery. https://www.sunotter.com/greyhound-adventure/

• Registration for GRtB closes this Saturday (9/30), so don't wait if you haven't already registered. Advance registration is cheaper than registering at the event, so don't wait. No need to buy separate dog licenses for your hounds if you register for the event and list them when you register. They're all covered under our blanket dog license agreement with Dewey Beach. No hurricanes this year, just mild fall days, so register! you don't have to fret about the weather.

• We have a shuttle from the hotel and back to Revelation Craft Brewing Co. on Saturday night, 5-9PM. Shuttle also runs from the Beach House in Dewey to Revelation too, all evening. Very cool. Muzzles suggested on shuttle.

• E-Booklets were emailed to everyone registered on Tuesday night. We updated and included a ton of new dog friendly restaurants and pubs in Dewey, Rehoboth and Lewes. Let us know if you did not receive yours. admin@grtb.org

• We still have some of the gorgeous deep purple event shirts with Linda K. Evans design in a unique six-color screen print, even in long sleeves this year. But I wouldn't wait to order. They usually sell out the first day of the event anyway and this year's combination of deep purple and Linda K. Evans design is pretty special. It'll get comments wherever you go.

https://shop.grtb.org/products/official-2017-grtb-universal-cut-short-sleeved-t-shirt-to-be-shipped-to-your-home

• Dine for the Greyhounds Plan to eat at Crabby Dicks and they will give 15% of your bill to greyhound adoption (doesn't count booze or specials). Use the coupons we have for you at the registration table or see one of the adoption groups benefiting from the offer, Del GPA, Forever Home Greyhound Adoption, or God's Greyts. What a great way to have fun and help the hounds.

OK, too much stuff to list everything. I can't type anymore! It took 48 pages to describe this year's event in the E-Booklet. Just load the hounds into the mini-van and plan to come to the beach. Have fun. See friends. We'll see you there!

Edited by countrypaws

For those of you staying at Sleep Inn (and there are a lot!): The Sleep Inn will email you a room confirmation about five days out which will confirm your stay. It will also have an inappropriate pet warning: Please note: Pets allowed until Memorial Day 2018. Pet Fee: $25.00 per pet 2 max Please know that this pet info does not apply to GRtB folks, as all our pet fees and dog limits are waived. They just can't reprogram their email computers for a couple days of our event.

• 2 weeks later...

Put a gate up and feed them on both sides of the gate. When finished, put gate away. I do that when Annie is hungry and snarky over her food.

This. Or food dispensing toys! The Kong Wobbler might be a good option. I love the Bob-a-lot, but its really hard plastic so could be scary for Iker if Xavi is using it nearby. The Wobbler is hard too, but not quite so noisy.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."