Dewey / Rehoboth / G R T B - Who's Going And Meetup Thread!

Time4ANap

Okay - I can't wait any longer - It's time for the annual "whosgoingtodeweywhereareyoustayingandwhereareweeating?" meetup thread. (Thats all one word, right?

DW and I will be there. Rocket will be there in spirit since we will be flying in from Phoenix.

Post your plans, questions, restaurant suggestions, and potential meetups on the beach or anywhere in the towns. Just remember not to reveal too much personal info about your plans here or on social media that can lead to your house getting robbed while gone, etc. While we have a great group of greyhound folks here, it is the internet and revealing too much just shouldn't be done.

I'm not worried about my house as we have an 81 year old neighbor across the street who carries her gun and isn't shy about using it if necessary. She doesn't miss too much that goes on here.. :bgeorge

Hope to catch up with many of you that we haven't seen recently or haven't met yet. We'll be staying in downtown Rehoboth but can meet up on the beach or any of the usual local places.

Camp Cocktail, here we come! :cheers

Edited by Time4ANap
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I am so excited for Dewey!! We are arriving Wed and staying at what used to be the Best Western in Dewey. Now it's the Gold Leaf. Right on the beach! We never do get second bed beds after the dogs decide their first walk needs to go onto the beach!

And if anyone wants to rob our house, they will be so sad... 😂 Nothing is expensive or in good working order! The pipes aren't even copper!

Edited by JAJ2010

------

Jessica

Well, we are here already.

Party at Irene's house.... :bgeorge

Will be good to see you again. Where will you be vending?

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

We will be there with galgos Encarna and Rhythm. We've been in the greyhound cult for 11+ years, but this will be our first ever Dewey. We're coming up Thursday and leaving Monday, staying at the Beach House in Dewey. I have no clue about anything. However, you can find us with Camp Cocktail. We're cofounders of the original at Grapehounds.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

I'll be there Thursday - Sunday...or is it Wednesday - Sunday? Anyway Xavi and Iker will be with me. We're renting a place on the bay side of Dewey. I'm sure they're looking forward to seeing you again :)

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Ooh! We're going!

And I wanna meet Encarna and Rhythm.

And I wanna meet Xavi and Iker.

And I wanna meet Rocket's dad. Please wear a sign that say "Rocket's dad".

Mercury and I stay at one of the dives in Dewey so we're closer to the Dewey beach.

I'd love to meet for dinner or whatever. I travel alone so I'm happy to meet up with folks, as long as I can bring Mercury with me.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Party at Irene's house.... :bgeorge

Will be good to see you again. Where will you be vending?

We are in the vendor tent at the Sleep Inn on Route 1. I may be just by myself. :>(

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

And I wanna meet Rocket's dad. Please wear a sign that say "Rocket's dad".

DW and I usually wear our Rocket buttons. that look like this.

3zZpUbI.jpgThat's Rocket wearing his Pimp Hat. :bgeorge

Edited by Time4ANap

DW and I usually wear our Rocket buttons. that look like this.

3zZpUbI.jpgThat's Rocket wearing his Pimp Hat. :bgeorge

Oh greyt. Now, I'm going to be walking around staring at everyone's chest. Yeah... not awkward at all.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Missing it this year. I'll be somewhere between NJ and TX.

We'll miss seeing you Mary Pat. Safe travels.

We are in the vendor tent at the Sleep Inn on Route 1. I may be just by myself. :>(

I'll be in the Sleep Inn, vending from my room. Do you think you'll be the only one in the tent? Or just that you'll be working your booth alone?

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

The tent is fully booked. She won't be alone in the tent.

Thank you Maureen. What I meant was that I might be in my vending area by myself. Len might be having surgery around that time.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so excited for Dewey! We stay at a cottage in Dewey Beach and I'm hoping for at least one day of perfect weather, with no golden retrievers, to just lay on the beach with my girl all day long! :)

winnie, I'm so excited you are coming - you will love it!!

Edited by JenniferS

Forever in my heart: my girl Raspberry & my boys Quiet Man, Murphy, Ducky, Wylie & Theo
www.greyhoundadventures.org & www.greyhoundamberalert.org & www.duckypaws.com

I'm so excited for Dewey! We stay at a cottage in Dewey Beach and I'm hoping for at least one day of perfect weather, with no golden retrievers, to just lay on the beach with my girl all day long! :)

winnie, I'm so excited you are coming - you will love it!!

Of course we'll run into each other a zillion times a day :lol Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Does anybody want me to bring particular products from my online shop to try out? Puplights or anything besides the toys, muzzles and harnesses?

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

Does anybody want me to bring particular products from my online shop to try out? Puplights or anything besides the toys, muzzles and harnesses?

Do you have any interactive feeding bowls?

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg

You mean like slow feeders? I can get some from my suppliers, sure!

Yes. Xavi has gotten used to his and it no longer slows him down.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg

I have one or two designs I can bring. Can you post a picture or describe the one he's used to? Then I can try to find something different to show you.

Edited to add: Ah, just browsed through all my suppliers. I have 4 different designs available. Surely one or two of them would be novel enough to slow Xavi down. :chow

Edited by jetcitywoman

Joe and I will be unpacking at the sleep inn on Wednesday. We are selling from our room this year. It's too difficult packing and unpacking every night when we show in a tent,our work can't take the moisture.

Sataturday night both Joe and I will have work at the grotto pizzeria, greyhounds in art exhibition and silent auction.

Come visit us at both sites(much more in the room, only 4 or 5 works at the grotto). check out the unique "dog in a box"(by joe) and my new "bark dogs", smaller blue prints and tons of small oils that Joe has been producing. New beach & racing scenes by Joe as well. I have new drawings incorpating some of the techniques in my current large works and some new long dog shillouttes...bronze and black coloring.

See you soon!!there will be flyers posted as to our room location or just ask for Bushman and guttman at the front desk (I don't remember which name the room is under)

Edited by cleptogrey

Yep, Larry is getting us all well organized with signage plans and such. We'll have small banners with all the vendor's names in front of both the hotel and the tents so that attendees can easily find where all the fun stuff is. Also once inside the hotel, we'll have more signs there with arrows and room numbers. As it's developing, I think that even if all the vendors are spread across multiple floors, it will be easy to find us.

Of course we'll run into each other a zillion times a day :lol

Yes we will! Ha ha - you are my "person you see at every greyhound event every day all day" ha ha ha! Looking forward to it! :)

Forever in my heart: my girl Raspberry & my boys Quiet Man, Murphy, Ducky, Wylie & Theo
www.greyhoundadventures.org & www.greyhoundamberalert.org & www.duckypaws.com