Mole Type Thing On Skye

Any ideas on this? It looks like a mole, its about the size of a pea, and I think it appeared relatively quickly. She's on Apoquel and I recall some skin things being a possible side effect so want to make sure I'm on top of it if its potentially something dangerous.

0607170045_zpscjimr9wd.jpg

0607170046_zpsikjgia4s.jpg

This is Skye, btw, my 40 lb mixed breed.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Though it isn't very dark, it needs to be looked at because of the slightly irregular 'veiny' edges. I think its one of those times when you have to pay vet fees.

Thanks. I'm definitely going to have my vet look at it, we don't make decisions on medical care based on costs. Was more trying to gauge urgency because I'm in the process of moving (as in movers are coming at 8:30 am tomorrow and I'm still packing :lol) and listing my condo for sale.

Edited by NeylasMom

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Thanks!

I remembered Violet has acupuncture on Tuesday and my vet is going out of town for nearly a month at the end of June so I scheduled an appt for Skye while we're there Tuesday to be safe. If its nothing she'll likely only charge me a short visit fee and we're going anyway so no harm done if its nothing. Of course if its gone by then I won't take her. :P

Take a permanent marker and draw a circle around it. So you can see if it grows.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Humm-no. If the veterinarian wants to biopsy that area the ink will make a pathologist really upset. :-)

Oops. Sorry - you are right.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

• 2 weeks later...

Good news, it was nothing! My vet saw her Tuesday and said sometimes they get pustules that come and go quickly and it could be from that. I was skeptical, but yesterday I noticed it was going away and today the rest of it just peeled off kind of like after you get sunburn. :clap