Is This Shedding Normal?

Nine-year-old Sheba has really been shedding a lot lately, and I mean a lot. Is blowing her coat normal this time of year even though we're in Florida and had no winter to speak of?

I seem to remember it happening about this time last year so perhaps it is normal. She's her usual self, eats great, and nothing seems out of the norm other than the shedding.

I'm using the Furminator on her to help reduce the shedding. Vacuuming the floors frequently, too. Your thoughts and opinions please.

Wendy blows her coat twice a year - spring and fall - and even after nine years, I am always alarmed and amused at the incredible amount of fur she sheds. The Zoom Groom brush is my best friend when the fur flies!

BTW - we're in Florida, as well.

Edited by LaFlaca

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Yes, probably. I can brush a whole other dog off Toni every week all freaking year long. She *never* stops shedding. :rolleyes:

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Welcome to blowing coat...and this the right time for it. I swear with Rex I could have made life size dust/fur bunnies. Being a redneck I used a blue hacksaw blade which has more like a ribbon then teeth. All I remember is that they were blue.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/RemGrit-12-in-x-3-4-in-x-0-025-in-Carbide-Grit-Hack-Saw-Blade-GH12/205624004

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg